Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What is a good brand of bed rack? Think I'm gonna start hauling the SxS on camping trips.
I assume ur talking about your truck bed? If not disregard my message.

I use Diamondback covers. They have accessories for atv and utv depending on ur application. I haven't hauled that on my bed but it holds 1,900lbs. And I've had it loaded many times and its been great

Reactions: Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Diamondback: This is probably stable, but man it sure doesn't give me the warm fuzzies:

lovettpaul13

lovettpaul13

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Diamondback: This is probably stable, but man it sure doesn't give me the warm fuzzies:

View attachment 305161
Brake lights…tires squeal…dust kicks up…metal crushing, plastic busting, glass shattering…dust settles, 85,000$ oops on a corner…pain killer addiction, new insurance carrier at 2x rate. Wife/girlfriend leaves for circus clown.
no thanks I’ll get a trailer…

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 305161
There stuff is BA. But I wouldn't put my SXS on it. Ive put quite a bit on mine and the ability to still full the bed and its water tight seal its ben nothing short of awesome. all that said, id only put a P5 in the bed of my truck.(I did a few times) Nor would I put it on my Diamondback cover if i have a bed to put it in. Any bigger machine, you just looking for trouble as in tippy and visual. The OP is better off selling the camper he has, assuming he has one? And get a TH for that P7 and take the guess work out of it IMO.
51B6366F E001 4176 979D 6BC5F4AFF670

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So heres my old P5 in my 1ton 8’bed truck. most of a sxs safely id put in it. Not that the truck wont haul it cuz it most certainly can, its just the length, and hight. Tip feel wasn't there or a factor plus i have bags i was using that i have for my 5er TH. If i had a short bed or anything less than a 3/4ton, no sir!
just IMO. You have to think about your stopping power and stability, not the (hay it fits! Were good!) factor! Lol
2B44203A 7E73 4B08 A41B 2969A3A58BED

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
When you've pulled a large pontoon boat on a scissor lift style trailer, it gives you a new perspective on what is or isn't safe when it comes to hauling all kinds of other things and using all kinds of other hauling methods. I have and would put an ATV in and on a pickup bed, but you'll never catch me trying to do the same with a large, heavy SXS (even with my last truck, a 2017 F350 PowerStroke SD super crew).

That's one of the reasons why I recently decided to go a different route with hauling my new bike. If I also wanted to camp (the missus really isn't into that), then I'd definitely go with a toy hauler instead of trying to put a SXS on the truck bed while (presumably) pulling a camper.

2021 11 11 164237

P

patriot07

Oct 31, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
There stuff is BA. But I wouldn't put my SXS on it. Ive put quite a bit on mine and the ability to still full the bed and its water tight seal its ben nothing short of awesome. all that said, id only put a P5 in the bed of my truck.(I did a few times) Nor would I put it on my Diamondback cover if i have a bed to put it in. Any bigger machine, you just looking for trouble as in tippy and visual. The OP is better off selling the camper he has, assuming he has one? And get a TH for that P7 and take the guess work out of it IMO.
View attachment 305261
We just bought the camper. I have looked at Toy Haulers and honestly I just hate the layout. 90%+ of our trips, we wouldn't bring the side by side - it's just an occasional thing. THs waste way too much back space on non-living space for someone with 3 adults and 2 kids and who wouldn't use the SxS much. If it's not safe to haul the side by side on the truck bed, we'll just continue to use it at home and leave it there when we go on trips.

advertisement
P

patriot07

Oct 31, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Brake lights…tires squeal…dust kicks up…metal crushing, plastic busting, glass shattering…dust settles, 85,000$ oops on a corner…pain killer addiction, new insurance carrier at 2x rate. Wife/girlfriend leaves for circus clown.
no thanks I’ll get a trailer…
I have been in exactly one at-fault accident and I was 19 years old. I have driven a heavy TT with a half ton all over the country. This would be a TT plus a SxS on a 3/4 ton.

I hate the toy hauler layouts. If there is another option I'm all ears.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!