JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
its hard to beat the factory yuasa batteries my factory battery lasted 11 years so i bought another one
11 years 😳.... that's crazy!!!! 🤔.....is that in dog years? 😂😂

I got 4 out of mine and think that's pretty good for the hot conditions it runs in.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What should I get? Walmart price is good. But don't know how good they are now. Oreily's is about 3 times price. So what to do, what to do?
If you can wait a day or two for Amazon.....the Mighty Max brands have had a decent reputation. I'm running both my main and auxiliary batteries from them now. No issues so far. My OG auxiliary battery was a Mighty Max and after 4 years it was still running strong, I replaced it with a new one just because I also replaced the main and wanted both to be new. Can't beat them for the price.......my 2 cents

Good luck

advertisement
J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
I had bad luck with a Mighty Max AGM battery on a logging trailer. It died early, and they replaced it under warranty. The second one lasted a year. Two failures in the short term was enough for me. I gave up on the brand. Switched to a Yuasa AGM battery and have had it on for

When I bought my 2022 P520 a year and a half ago, I needed to replace the battery. I went with this Yuasa GYZ16H. It's a 16 AH, 240 CCA, AGM battery, made in the USA. For @SWB , the Yuasa website indicates that it will also fit a Pioneer 700.

I leave it on a smart battery minder/charger when not in use. I use one with a charging profile specifically designed for AGM batteries (bulk charge and floa are just a bit higher than the profile for flooded lead-acid batteries.) The receiver for the wireless remote is always on, so causes a small, but constant drain on the battery when not in use. Keeping the battery topped off prolongs its life. To make connecting the charger easier I installed a 2-pin SAE bulkhead fitting connector in the dash and wired it in to the winch feed under the hood. Since the winch connection is live, even with the P520 ignition turned off, it works well for charging/maintaining the battery. As a bonus, I also now have a 12V outlet on the dash.

At only 16 months old, I don't have any data on how long the battery will hold up, but I've been happy with it so far.

[NOTE: Edited post. I originally mistakenly linked to the battery for my logging trailer. Now corrected to the battery in my P520, which Yuasa says also fits a P700 and P1000.]

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So to clear up the confusion/dbate, there are only 4 battery manufactures in the US. Interstae, delco, deca and exide. So many batteries are re branded and sold to there suppliers. Some of the cheaper “value” batteries are seconds or blems. Cant speak for the china brands, cuz they dont have the restraints on manufacturing like we do as why we have 4 manufactures so u take that gamble if your a gambling man.

We use to get an Auto value battery that looked like a delco for a parts store for our generators. They use to give up the ghost Withen 3 yrs or explode. We found out they were seconds from delco rebranded for them.
We switched to delco and we now get 5-6 yrs out of the battery and no explosions.
bottom line is to do the research on who acually makes the battery your purchasing. Took a while to find out, but that mighty max is from Exide corp and not a second or blem from what my contacts are telling me.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
interstate doesnt make batteries they are made by johnson controls delco batteries are made in korea exide is no more they went bankrupt now called stryten batteries the only usa manufactures are east penn deka enersys clarios stryten

Reactions: 540RA and ChadD