P1000 My P1k5 needs a new hat.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I managed to shred my bimini top in a matter of two months. Even though I liked when my wife commented that she liked "riding around topless" this weekend, it got a bit warm.

I tried ordering a hard top from Pro Caliber but they don't sell them over the internet anymore due to shipping challenges with UPS. Anyone have another good source for Honda OEM accessories or a good aftermarket roof? I emailed the place that was posted on here late last week but got no response yet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really have to suggest the factory roof if you could get a good deal I know you're dealer should give a little break but on a box that big it's not much. You'll definitely have a little tough time because of shipping. But the factory is indestructible! Super tough. And comes off with two people in just a couple minutes.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I managed to shred my bimini top in a matter of two months. Even though I liked when my wife commented that she liked "riding around topless" this weekend, it got a bit warm.

I tried ordering a hard top from Pro Caliber but they don't sell them over the internet anymore due to shipping challenges with UPS. Anyone have another good source for Honda OEM accessories or a good aftermarket roof? I emailed the place that was posted on here late last week but got no response yet.

I don't know how you got your information, I just added a roof to a cart for $390 + $3 shipping to IL and they are on West Coast. Never call an online store when you can order online, the person answering your questions may or may not know what they are talking about could have been the janitor you spoke with.

PC Roof

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know how you got your information, I just added a roof to a cart for $390 + $3 shipping to IL and they are on West Coast. Never call an online store when you can order online, the person answering your questions may or may not know what they are talking about could have been the janitor you spoke with.

View attachment 17177

Jackal,

In a few days you will get an email telling you that they no longer ship them and they will issue you a refund. I ordered mine online on Saturday and got the email today.

Reactions: JACKAL
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"Jason,

I wanted to let you we have canceled item# 0SR85-HL4-101 from your order # 24704 unfortunately due to the size and weight of this item UPS will not pick it up there for we are no longer offering it on our web site. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Refund id# 120766856746

Refund amount $ 390.50"

That is the text of the email I received from them.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal,

In a few days you will get an email telling you that they no longer ship them and they will issue you a refund. I ordered mine online on Saturday and got the email today.
Aha! that explains things better, I would complain that they shouldn't advertise stuff at a low price if they aren't willing to fulfill the order. It's not like they can't get the roof, they are available so they should not advertise it for $XXX. Especially with all those left coast laws.

Thanks for the heads up, I have ordered several items from them they always came through.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
"Jason,

I wanted to let you we have canceled item# 0SR85-HL4-101 from your order # 24704 unfortunately due to the size and weight of this item UPS will not pick it up there for we are no longer offering it on our web site. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Refund id# 120766856746

Refund amount $ 390.50"

That is the text of the email I received from them.

But they do offer it on their website as of an hour ago LOL
PC Roof

J

jamday

Apr 22, 2016
GA
I did the same thing. Ordered, and received a prompt response that they canceled my order, and submitted the refund. I still need a new hat, but the dealer in TN, have them in stock, but wants 525.00 if you pick it up.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dang that's a huge difference!

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was thinking about ditching the soft top and buying a hard top for mine. They list it for $286..Sold! Went to the check out and they want $115 for shipping...I'm out.

advertisement
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking about ditching the soft top and buying a hard top for mine. They list it for $286..Sold! Went to the check out and they want $115 for shipping...I'm out.

On the Pro Caliber website?

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On the Pro Caliber website?
Correct. So, I called my dealer and they have 3 in stock and they'll sell me one for $325 plus tax. Anyone want a 3p black soft top for a fair deal?

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
Correct. So, I called my dealer and they have 3 in stock and they'll sell me one for $325 plus tax. Anyone want a 3p black soft top for a fair deal?

I have a SPIDERWEBSHADE for a soft top and we like it alot

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
im still waiting on someone to come out with a better aftermarket roof myself, so if you find one let me know
I'll stick to the Honda hard roof. I like the mounting, seems to be built good and it looks good. I should have got the hard top from the get go but was trying to save money so I got the bimini top. Now, I'm buying the hard top anyways....lesson learned.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll stick to the Honda hard roof. I like the mounting, seems to be built good and it looks good. I should have got the hard top from the get go but was trying to save money so I got the bimini top. Now, I'm buying the hard top anyways....lesson learned.
The Honda roof is very durable it's no joke. We do occasionally pull it off. I didn't know how much it was till now I guess we were a little lucky. When we bought our red 1000 in October they wouldn't budge on any of the numbers which was weird because we've given the dealer so much business. I finally talked them out of a roof rather then dropping anything. They almost didn't do that. Looking back I guess that was a good I pushed them. But I remember their biggest complaint was the shipping

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheapcycleparts.com has the OEM hard roof for 453. Plus shipping I haven't personally bought from them because my dealer has matched most of the online prices.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I picked up a 3p hard roof at my dealer tonight. Not that there was anything wrong with the soft one, but this will work better for me I think.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!