P700 My Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe Accessories

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
The purpose of this thread is to show the add-ons to my Pioneer and maybe able to be of value to someone else.

Cheers,
Kevin

These are the initial parts I ordered. I wanted to register it for both on-road and off-road so it required a horn, blinkers, side and rear-view mirrors. The first time I took it out I stopped for an hour or so to pick huckleberries and when I hopped back in both backs of my legs below my shorts got burned from the hot seat sitting in the sun. I knew right then a roof was a necessity not an option :mad:
20180728 060706

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Number 2) The bolts that hold the split windshield, leak when it rains. It wouldn't be so bad but the left one goes down the dash inside and drips right on your accelerator foot :mad:. The passenger side you can move your feet so no big deal. I ended up sealing the area around inside and out with black silicone sealant. It's the lower bolts in the picture. When parked it doesn't leak but when driving the wind forces the water in and you can see from the window trim it forces the water right to the top of those bolts. You would have thought someone at Honda would have addressed that.
Bolts that leak

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lookin good! Was the heater hard to install?

Reactions: Smittyp
kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Farmer,
Not horrible but it takes some time. The hardest part is routing the longer hoses making sure you protect them from heat and chaffing. Getting the air out of the system also took some work but not too bad.

Regards,
Kevin

Reactions: Smittyp and Farmer
kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wanted to ride on the Oregon coast but one of the requirements is you must have a windshield wiper if you have a windshield. I have the polycarbonate split window and the Honda wiper kit will not fit but they don't say exactly why. I bought it anyway. Turns out the wiper arm is 3/4" too long resulting in the wiper blade hitting the raised portion of the window mid stroke. To make it work I cut out 3/4" of the wiper ar
Wiper
m welded it back together, sanded, and painted it. Looks factory and works like a charm.

Regards,
Kevin

Reactions: Farmer
kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
99% of the time I don't use the back seats but I went to visit my son just east of Concrete WA up Finney Creek Rd.
20210407 102558

20210407 104244

When we got back they were splattered with a lot of mud. They were very good natured about it but I felt kind of bad. I had no idea. So I bought some fender flares for the front. I didn't like the gap between the them and the body so I filled it with black silicone. They do help quite a bit.
Fender flare

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
The headlight upgrade worked good for the street but I wanted more of a wide angle for riding in the woods at night and a little more intensity. So I added an inexpensive light bar.

Cheers,
Kevin
Light bar

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
My latest additions were these front doors. I wanted to keep more heat in the cab. I haven't had a chance to test them out yet but we are leaving today to go up 17 miles south of Ione and ride the mountains on the border of Washington and Idaho (Petit Lake). It's supposed to be in the upper 30's lower 40's at night and reach the upper 60's in the daytime. I have the divider panel that goes behind the front seats but I haven't installed it yet. We'll see how the doors do first.

Regards,
Kevin
20220501 105622

20220507 093720

CENTRAL NOVA

CENTRAL NOVA

Nov 17, 2022
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wanted to ride on the Oregon coast but one of the requirements is you must have a windshield wiper if you have a windshield. I have the polycarbonate split window and the Honda wiper kit will not fit but they don't say exactly why. I bought it anyway. Turns out the wiper arm is 3/4" too long resulting in the wiper blade hitting the raised portion of the window mid stroke. To make it work I cut out 3/4" of the wiper arView attachment 353413m welded it back together, sanded, and painted it. Looks factory and works like a charm.

Regards,
Kevin
Hi Kevin, I just ran into a problem with my glass windshield, it seems to be susceptible to stress cracks....at $350cad per windshield replacement, it gets costly to replace. I wanted to go with a Polycarbonate windshield like yours but I was told the wiper causes scratching on the poly. Was this the case with your machine. Thanks
I wanted to ride on the Oregon coast but one of the requirements is you must have a windshield wiper if you have a windshield. I have the polycarbonate split window and the Honda wiper kit will not fit but they don't say exactly why. I bought it anyway. Turns out the wiper arm is 3/4" too long resulting in the wiper blade hitting the raised portion of the window mid stroke. To make it work I cut out 3/4" of the wiper arView attachment 353413m welded it back together, sanded, and painted it. Looks factory and works like a charm.

Regards,
Kevin

Reactions: Smitty335
kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi Kevin, I just ran into a problem with my glass windshield, it seems to be susceptible to stress cracks....at $350cad per windshield replacement, it gets costly to replace. I wanted to go with a Polycarbonate windshield like yours but I was told the wiper causes scratching on the poly. Was this the case with your machine. Thanks
Yes. I have to polish it regularly.

Regards,
Kevin

S

Sudani

Jul 20, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Last year I purchased a rubber mat heat guard that goes under the front seat. (Arkansas in summer) I get how the mat fits on the seat but I’m not sure how the heat deflector fits going up behind the front seat. I read about this on the forum. There was no instruction. Does it just fit up behind the seat. Tight fit trying to get it up there. Am I missing where it should go? I have a 700-4D.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Last year I purchased a rubber mat heat guard that goes under the front seat. (Arkansas in summer) I get how the mat fits on the seat but I’m not sure how the heat deflector fits going up behind the front seat. I read about this on the forum. There was no instruction. Does it just fit up behind the seat. Tight fit trying to get it up there. Am I missing where it should go? I have a 700-4D.
Did you remove the back seat cushion?

J

JDP

Aug 5, 2021
Bakersfield
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed one recently. If it's the same one, take the seat back off. The holes in the rubber will align with the bolt holes for the seat back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!