P500 Need Advice: Buying a P500 I want to put my 30's BKT's on

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Hello Everyone!

Im buying a new P500 and I want to put my 30x9x14 BKTs 171 off my Forman 500 on there. What do I need to modify to do this? In detail please.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hello Everyone!

Im buying a new P500 and I want to put my 30x9x14 BKTs 171 off my Forman 500 on there. What do I need to modify to do this? In detail please.

Thanks in advance!
Wow it seems @trigger put me on the spot! I have a build thread on here somewhere about the frame mod i did on my P5. I put 30" Monster Mayhems on mine at the time. They were on a 14" x 7" wheel but i cant remember if they were 3" or 4" back spacing. Im not sure how tall of a tire you can put on before they start rubbing and you should start considering a frame mod or spacers. I went from stock tires and jumped to 30's and immediately did the frame mod. I can tell you they would have definetly rubbed without the frame mod, but i could turn them lock to lock left and right afterwords and they didnt rub at all. Spacers will give you a wider stance and better stability, which is a plus on a P5, but remember the further out you go with spacers or deep dish wheels means that when you turn all the way one way or the other the tire arcs farther back or forward and runs the risk of rubbing anyway. I never put spacers on mine when i had 30's. I wish i could help you better than that. I imagine you could probably just put the 30's on and see if you can live with the amount of rubbing they do. Maybe do some careful measuring after you get them mounted and see if a certain thickness wheel spacer would help out some, or whether you should just jump in and do the frame mod. There are plenty of examples of frame mods on here but you'll have to search for them. Its not a hard mod to do if you have a little welder and a grinder with a cut-off wheel or sawzall. I would show you a couple of links but i have no idea how to do all that fancy computer stuff. Lol I hope this helps you out some. Remember to take pics and share them on here of anything and everything you do to your P5. We all love pics! Lol Good luck

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wow it seems @trigger put me on the spot! I have a build thread on here somewhere about the frame mod i did on my P5. I put 30" Monster Mayhems on mine at the time. They were on a 14" x 7" wheel but i cant remember if they were 3" or 4" back spacing. Im not sure how tall of a tire you can put on before they start rubbing and you should start considering a frame mod or spacers. I went from stock tires and jumped to 30's and immediately did the frame mod. I can tell you they would have definetly rubbed without the frame mod, but i could turn them lock to lock left and right afterwords and they didnt rub at all. Spacers will give you a wider stance and better stability, which is a plus on a P5, but remember the further out you go with spacers or deep dish wheels means that when you turn all the way one way or the other the tire arcs farther back or forward and runs the risk of rubbing anyway. I never put spacers on mine when i had 30's. I wish i could help you better than that. I imagine you could probably just put the 30's on and see if you can live with the amount of rubbing they do. Maybe do some careful measuring after you get them mounted and see if a certain thickness wheel spacer would help out some, or whether you should just jump in and do the frame mod. There are plenty of examples of frame mods on here but you'll have to search for them. Its not a hard mod to do if you have a little welder and a grinder with a cut-off wheel or sawzall. I would show you a couple of links but i have no idea how to do all that fancy computer stuff. Lol I hope this helps you out some. Remember to take pics and share them on here of anything and everything you do to your P5. We all love pics! Lol Good luck

Sorry BC! Just trying to help a brother out with something I don't know sh** about, lol. Couldn't remember the name of the thread that you did your build on or I would have just given him the link. ;)

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500

Thank you for the advice !

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sorry BC! Just trying to help a brother out with something I don't know sh** about, lol. Couldn't remember the name of the thread that you did your build on or I would have just given him the link. ;)
Lol. Just messing with ya @trigger. Put me on the spot anytime. Its all about trying to help people out. :)

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
No prob @LeoMachus, hurry up and get that thing set up and post pics!

Im close to buying. Im selling my 2016 Foreman soon. I have only 1 real concern, that is the P500 has 30 degree tipping point. I ride in southern Louisiana and we have some deep A$$ ruts down here. I run those 30 BKTs 171 on my Foreman and I do well.

So my question is there a way to make the P500 more stable ?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Im close to buying. Im selling my 2016 Foreman soon. I have only 1 real concern, that is the P500 has 30 degree tipping point. I ride in southern Louisiana and we have some deep A$$ ruts down here. I run those 30 BKTs 171 on my Foreman and I do well.

I mean there are things like offset wheels, spacers, disconnecting ASB, improved shocks, etc. but nothing will give it the stability of a 60-64 inch machine.

advertisement
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I think @jak9922 makes extended a-arms for the P5. That should do the trick

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Doubt it will be less stable than any quad. Deep Jeep ruts will still limit you though

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!