Need help finding a oil drain plug for a 2022 pioneer forest edition

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer gave me a part # of 15236-HL4-000 but I had to leave the area. having a heck of a time finding the right place to order. Where's the best place to order?

PS no dealer close.

Thanks Red

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Dealer gave me a part # of 15236-HL4-000 but I had to leave the area. having a heck of a time finding the right place to order. Where's the best place to order?

PS no dealer close.

Thanks Red

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

PS no dealer close.

Thanks Red

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

PS no dealer close.

Thanks Red
Any Honda auto dealer should be able to get you one, or any decent parts store as well. M12 thread, 15mm long.
Could be M12x1.25 or m12x1.5 grab both, throw out the wrong one.

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the first oil change...they were on so tight that the husky 12mm wrench I used rounded the head. Had to get vice grips and a big ole boy to break it loose. Usually there's beer involved but not this time. Now on the second oil change I've got a slow drip. Dealer didn't have a new crush washer so here I sit. If I'm going to fix it I'm going back new.

Red

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On the first oil change...they were on so tight that the husky 12mm wrench I used rounded the head. Had to get vice grips and a big ole boy to break it loose. Usually there's beer involved but not this time. Now on the second oil change I've got a slow drip. Dealer didn't have a new crush washer so here I sit. If I'm going to fix it I'm going back new.

Red
Dont forget to hit the “reply” button then respond under that box so we get a notice that you replied to our question. ;)

Reactions: Backwoods
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Red
If it can sit a week or so, buy what you need online.
I would suggest all 3 bolts, washers as spares. As well as the orings for the filter housings. And well, because you need them eventually. Order a few new filters as well.

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Got it. The other forums I'm on you hit quote to do this. Thanks.
You use 'reply' with or without 'quote'. The difference is, 'quote' includes the original text from the post you are replying to.

H

HondaTech

Red

I've never had first oil change drain plugs that tight. Must be those garbage wrenches, ive always broken then loose with a ratchet and a socket. But a standard length wrench usually works as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!