P500 Need help with throttle issue

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Having a throttle issue during first couple rides with my new-to-me 2015 P5. It seems the throttle is very sensitive and if I don't just tickle it to get the machine started it wants to die. Once underway it seems to do fine, but if I jab the throttle it will die most every time. Air temp mid 30's. As engine got warmer it seemed to do s little better. Any ideas?

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Having a throttle issue during first couple rides with my new-to-me 2015 P5. It seems the throttle is very sensitive and if I don't just tickle it to get the machine started it wants to die. Once underway it seems to do fine, but if I jab the throttle it will die most every time. Air temp mid 30's. As engine got warmer it seemed to do s little better. Any ideas?
What gear are you starting from low or 2nd ?

Last edited:
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Has it always been this way or is it getting worse?

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Chek the air filter and fuel filter and for water in the fuel tank;).

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Checked the air filter and it was fine. Fuel system next.
So last night I siphoned out as much of the fuel as I could get, and re-filled with fresh gas and some fuel treatment to remove water. After about 10 min of riding the problem cleared up and it is running well. The dealer filled the tank before I left with it the other day so there must have been water or something in that fuel.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So last night I siphoned out as much of the fuel as I could get, and re-filled with fresh gas and some fuel treatment to remove water. After about 10 min of riding the problem cleared up and it is running well. The dealer filled the tank before I left with it the other day so there must have been water or something in that fuel.

Glad to hear you worked that out Jkentj.
Not everyone will chime in on these posts due to not having a solution or advice for you but you can believe they're watching it. ;)

advertisement
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for keeping us in the loop on the fix.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Glad we were able to give you some helpful ideas and can now have all the fun u may have time for. We hope that you may join us at Rid Royal Blue Pioneer takeover in April. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!