BOX1

P700 Need some help with winch install, PLEASE!

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys...I could use a bit of help. The Honda winch mount they sold me seems to be the right part number per the Honda accessories site, but they gave me the instructions for the 1000 that just don't quite match up, and no matter how I try I just can't seem to get the puzzle to fit in place. The wiring I am sure I can handle, but the mount itself is driving me insane. I called the dealership yesterday and they said they would email me the right instructions, but they didn't. I have decided not to call them back and rip them a new one just to keep the peace in case I need any warranty work done. Plus I already ripped into them about a few issues I was not happy with and got a free travel/storage cover for it, so I don't want to push my luck. In short, I don't really want anything more to do with them unless it involves warranty work, and everything I will be adding will be aftermarket.

But ya...that is where I am at. The darn winch mount has me stumped. It's not because I am not mechanically inclined because I am, and I can usually figure this stuff out......but not this time. I think it is because I stared at the 1000's instructions too long. lol. So ya, if anyone has a Youtube link or a link to the pdf instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys...I could use a bit of help. The Honda winch mount they sold me seems to be the right part number per the Honda accessories site, but they gave me the instructions for the 1000 that just don't quite match up, and no matter how I try I just can't seem to get the puzzle to fit in place. The wiring I am sure I can handle, but the mount itself is driving me insane. I called the dealership yesterday and they said they would email me the right instructions, but they didn't. I have decided not to call them back and rip them a new one just to keep the peace in case I need any warranty work done. Plus I already ripped into them about a few issues I was not happy with and got a free travel/storage cover for it, so I don't want to push my luck. In short, I don't really want anything more to do with them unless it involves warranty work, and everything I will be adding will be aftermarket.

But ya...that is where I am at. The darn winch mount has me stumped. It's not because I am not mechanically inclined because I am, and I can usually figure this stuff out......but not this time. I think it is because I stared at the 1000's instructions too long. lol. So ya, if anyone has a Youtube link or a link to the pdf instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
You have to pull the front bumper and mount with u bolts. Here’s a thread with some information. I can grab more pics when I get home. 😎😉P700 - Nice video to install my Gifted Winch! Others have posted, but this "Guy is Good"! Anything from you guys in the know, want to add some suggestion too

Jmindy1119

Jmindy1119

Jan 30, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just got done doing the winch, and plow install. Where are you stuck?

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Post a pic of your winch mount plate so everyone knows which one your working with

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this what you are dealing with?

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is this what you are dealing with?
View attachment 257094

Yes, that is the one. I actually just found it on my own. I tried every search option I could think of like "how to install Honda winch on 2021 Pioneer 700-4", worded every way I can think of, and nothing showed me that specific mount and how they all fit together. Then it hit me. I used the part number...like "08L70-HL3-601 installation instructions" and I found it right away.

This is my first ever winch install. It would have been easier gave me the right instructions. But ya, now I am good. Thanks guys, appreciate the effort. I owe you a virtual beer.

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
On another note, the folks in the parts department at the dealership I dealt with, are idiots. I spoke to at least 4 different people over the last week, at least twice each, and they all emailed me instructions of for just about every ATV and UTV that Honda makes, except for the right ones. I gave up on those bozos, which is why I am here. lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!