P1000 Need to start a recovery business!

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Decided to get out of the house on Sunday and get a fish report. Made the run out to saltery cove here in Kodiak. About an 18 mile ride through pretty much every kind of terrain. Was pretty far back and ran in to a guy that was hiking along. Knew immediately he had stuck his 4 wheeler or SxS further up. So we get to his ride and to my surprise it's a Tacoma, super buried! Winch didn't help, just kept dragging me into the hole, and no trees to anchor the back of it. So diff lock, Low and a strap was in order. A few pretty solid pulls and he came right out. The ole P1K is more capable and stout than I could have ever imagined! Gives me more confidence rolling solo into the middle of nowhere!

No Pics of the extraction, but a few of the ride out.

Image Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wow..
That's excellent the Pioneer was able to pull that truck out. Wished we did have pics but I k of how it is when you get busy working to extract something, you just totally forget.

Love your pictures and please keep them coming.
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: DTAGG and vince
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I once hauled a ford raptor.....it was just too awesome to not get a pic.

Honestly Joey that's not all that impressive. It states right in my owners manual under bed capacity a half ton:)

View attachment 14546

Sent from my iPhone 10s

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So, hauling a half ton truck was perfectly within the limits. Gotcha!

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: CumminsPusher
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Jediwrathchild I hear ya man I was back there yearly this spring a had to tow a guy out (flooded). think there would be money to be made if it wasn't just the right thing to do.
IMG 20160326 113026491 HDR

Welcome to the Club man glad you found us!

Z

ZZ15

Apr 18, 2016
Michigan
If you have of those kinetic Recovery Straps you can pull out a much larger vehicle. I pulled out a 4x4 truck with a small car once, truck had all 4 wheels off ground and it came out with ease.

I been carrying one for 30 yrs...

example of one
ImagesashxiRUG 1510404 PIC 4 1 72

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!