New Member - New 700-2

J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
I am new to the forum and I just picked up my new Pioneer today. After a lot of research, and I do mean a lot, I decided to get a a Pioneer 700. Once the decision was made I found out how tough it might be to find one. I had my local dealer looking and I was searching the Internet. Nothing to be found! Just by chance, I stopped by a dealer about 100 miles from home today while out on a job. They had just finished putting a green one together. The sales rep said it was the first one they had received in a month and they didn't hang around long when they did get them in. He only had one and I made it mine. While I was writing the check, another potential buyer walked in asking about it and he was promptly told it was sold. I think I arrived just in time. They had a yard full of Rangers but only one Pioneer 700 and three Pioneer 500s.
I live near Athens, GA on a small farm. I own and have had great luck with 2001 Honda 4X4 Rancher. It is nearly 14 years old and made it through two kids and a ton of hard work. It never gave me any trouble. It was the biggest reason I decided to stick with Honda. Proven tough and reliable! I look forward to learning from the forum and participating. I will add a couple of basic accessories and I will be looking for good info here. First stop, a hard top!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the community JJ. You are going to love your Pioneer. If you have any questions be sure to ask, We will get an answer to you in short time. Also check us out on FB with our new group https://www.facebook.com/groups/HondaSxS/ . Having a full year on my P4 I feel it is going to last you the next 14 years for sure.
One question... You didnt say if you picked up a P2 or P4?
Hope to see you around.
Thanks.

J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
Green P2. Believe it or not, I got it home late yesterday and worked late today and It is still sitting on the trailer waiting for the first ride. Hopefully tomorrow!
I will be looking for a hard roof and possibly a windshield. I have a large creek on my property and a winch will be a must so I will be reading about and seeking advice on options. Any advice on these and other "must haves" is welcomed and appreciated.

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
Welcome! Did you get a chance to take it for a ride yet?
I got a good deal on a winch with mounting bracket for the pioneer on ebay.
The only thing I would say about a windshield is that unless it has a wiper, it can be a pain on sunny days with the dust. I had a full one on for about 10 minutes, I had to turn around and go back to camp to take it off after it got a layer of dust and the sun hit it. Now I'm looking for a 2-piece, and will make someone a great deal on a full one piece.
This is a great start for new Pioneers: general-pioneer-700-discussion-f47/honda-pioneer-700-common-questions-topics-t1355.html#p8859

J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
Finkleshtine said:
Welcome! Did you get a chance to take it for a ride yet?
I got a good deal on a winch with mounting bracket for the pioneer on ebay.
The only thing I would say about a windshield is that unless it has a wiper, it can be a pain on sunny days with the dust. I had a full one on for about 10 minutes, I had to turn around and go back to camp to take it off after it got a layer of dust and the sun hit it. Now I'm looking for a 2-piece, and will make someone a great deal on a full one piece.
This is a great start for new Pioneers: general-pioneer-700-discussion-f47/honda-pioneer-700-common-questions-topics-t1355.html#p8859

I had another long day today, 0630 to 2230. My new Olive 700 P2 still sits on the trailer.i It is killing me but I will have it out tomorrow. No ride yet. Thanks for info on Windshield. I may try to go a while w/o one. Will buy hardtop and winch. What winch and mount did you get?

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
My bad, I got the winch/mount for the Pioneer off Amazon, winch for the Quad off Ebay. For the Pioneer I used a KFI winch plate ($45) and a Superwinch Terra 35 ($250)with a synthetic line. It came with both remote and dash controls, and have not had an issue with it yet.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same issue with the glass windshield. It would get coated with dust or mud and you couldn't see when sun hit it.

If you have a solid windshield you have to have the rear panel. Otherwise it creates a low pressure area behind the windshield and SUCKS dust with the vaccine created.

I added a washer and wiper to it. Universal washer kit from Amazon was about $15

I have the KFI mount and KFI SE45 with synthetic line.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works well, I have the tank mounted to my Optima Box under the drivers seat it's not exposed to rocks and sticks because I have the our full skid installed. I ran the hose and power wire around the ROPS and to the harness I had terminated at the center of the windshield by the Honda wiper that powers my dome, radio, and wiper.

There's a button mount(threw the button out) in the kit and riveted it to the hard roof so that it sprays near the top of the windshield.
Doesn't hold but 1.5L so I carry a few Coke bottles filled with deicer in my rear floorboards. I'm still working on my carrier.

ACI 99300 Windshield Washer Pump http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00495 ... ZZINRH5FS4

$16.25 Prime Eligible.... it's gone up again. I paid $14.48

advertisement
J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
No problem with the hijack. I am learning a lot which will help me decide on a windshield and winch. Thanks for the info on the winch and the mount. I'm about to go looking for them.
I finally got the new toy, oops, mean to say tool off of the trailer. Had a great afternoon. Still smiling! I did have a major problem with the steering wheel. You see, I let my wife take it from me and I never got it back! I finally told her it was getting too dark and we needed to head to the house. She reached down and turned on the lights. I didn't even show her the lights! Oh well, I might be in the market for one for me now. Seriously, what a great machine!

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Welcome to the forum! I'm using the 1/2 windshield and it works great. It deflects the wind enough and still allows great visibility. Granted I ride in California and the weather here isn't that cold or bad. Put on some warm clothes and some Gortex and hit the trails!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!