P1000 New P1000 Special addition questions

H

Hnda_P_Ownr

Jan 6, 2022
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Long story short, ordered a 22 P1000 Forest in Jan,never has come in. Always put off another month....so I got to searching and found a NEW 21 Honda 1000 Special Addition in CA.( I live in Arkansas) I went and got it! I know this model is kinda different so anybody that's familiar with it I welcome some help. 1) I have all the components to hook up the dual battery system but a ''stinger''. I know that's kinda a generic term but can anybody give me a brand and or a part # so I can order one? Also the SE has switch covers already on the panel, but does anybody know if they happen to be '' pre-wired''. Having the blank covers I thought they might be. BTW I'm not computer savvy and I am trying to post pics.Only had this bad boy for a few days and I haven't gotten out much but I really like it, esp the camp pattern. Thanks in advance for any help!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
so I got to searching and found a NEW 21 Honda 1000 Special Addition in CA.( I live in Arkansas) I went and got it! I
Now this ☝️ ☝️☝️Is how you do it now a days! I wish more would do this than complaining about waiting. FJB right?
U Got pics of this find and the stuff of what u want to do? Will help us alot.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Try the club store I think it'll have what you need.

Reactions: ChadD
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I first bought the Stinger relay and heard others with problems in cold weather. So I followed recommendations by others on the one above. Seems to be good so far. I am not sure about the 21 but if it is just blanks, I would assume you will need switches to put on the place of the blanks. The 22 has three large switches that are not wired but the store has connectors to use to get them ready pretty easily.

Reactions: WagginTail
brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Long story short, ordered a 22 P1000 Forest in Jan,never has come in. Always put off another month....so I got to searching and found a NEW 21 Honda 1000 Special Addition in CA.( I live in Arkansas) I went and got it! I know this model is kinda different so anybody that's familiar with it I welcome some help. 1) I have all the components to hook up the dual battery system but a ''stinger''. I know that's kinda a generic term but can anybody give me a brand and or a part # so I can order one? Also the SE has switch covers already on the panel, but does anybody know if they happen to be '' pre-wired''. Having the blank covers I thought they might be. BTW I'm not computer savvy and I am trying to post pics.Only had this bad boy for a few days and I haven't gotten out much but I really like it, esp the camp pattern. Thanks in advance for any help!
sounds familiar. I was was talking with dealers in Russellville, Hot springs, and Little Rock for months. I get the feeling there's no dealer swapping going on because with limited supply no one wants to miss out on the profit from sales. Anyway, I got motivated, found mine using ATV Trader. First four dealers I called didn't have it, but then I got lucky! Long drive to California... mine was 415 miles to Ocean Springs, Mississippi, and it all worked out.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now this ☝️ ☝️☝️Is how you do it now a days! I wish more would do this than complaining about waiting. FJB right?
U Got pics of this find and the stuff of what u want to do? Will help us alot.
O yea

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Anyway, I got motivated, found mine using ATV Trader. First four dealers I called didn't have it, but then I got lucky! Long drive to California... mine was 415 miles to Ocean Springs, Mississippi, and it all worked out.
I did the same thing last fall, but I found mine only one hour away ... :)

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
and yet Honda releases a new 6 seater when they can't get any of their current machines out. Yamaha, CA, Polaris and Kawi are getting plenty of machines out with Fox shocks and yet Honda keeps blowing smoke.....Congrats on new machine

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks in advance for any help!

Congratulations! I have the same machine, 21 1K-5 SE, and have made a number of "improvements", posted previously here, but didn't do a build thread.

Behind your blank switch panel cover are 3 pre-wired sockets for switches. I didn't use them as they are wired for stuff I wouldn't be using, like a windshield wiper, and also as they are not wired for switch backlighting -kind of silly IMO. It was just as easy to buy switches and wire them the way I wanted. Here's a pic of my panel (though not the very latest, as I've replaced the stock voltmeter with a thermometer, as the added True battery isolator/charger comes with a dual voltmeter so the stock one was redundant.

20211217 210936

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!