BOX1

P500 New P520 finally up at the cottage

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pics as promised. My only gripes are the front right wheel is adjusted toe out, which I'll align myself. I can see the wax marking on the arm and adjustment nut, but with the steering wheel and left wheel straight, the right wheel is pointing out so it's not aligned. Also there's an under/inside metal rattle that seems unnecessary. I'll get it looked at on my 150kms service. For now I'm just going to use this guy for working on the property.

I already planned to work up to a WARN plow/bucket setup, but I also realize now that I need a backup cam or rear mirror for aligning trailers. The P5 is not as nimble as my old Yamaha ATV and I can't lean back to see how close things are. I used to be able to stick the ATV in neutral and muscle it back to the trailer, can't really with the P5 so I need eyes back there.

If anyone has a recommendation for a cheap wired backup camera with a monitor, let me know. Thanks.

IMG 2909 IMG 2910 IMG 2911

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I put this backup camera on my 500 about 6 moths ago. It’s not too pricey, not out much if it doesn’t work out. I had to guess my way through the wiring but it works and turns on every ride and works for me. You need to be very creative on mounting the rear view “mirror” video display and the camera. It has spring clips for the mirror / display unit, so I made an aluminum plate above the driver seat to clip it. I don’t ride too rough, it has held up driving around my property and farm fields. The camera mounting was improvised and has been “temporary“ until I decide where I really like it (and then make a good permanent mount). It works great for backing up to a trailer hitch, makes it an easy maneuver. My rear video gets fuzzy sometimes, I think it’s when the radiator fan runs but then clears up. There are multiple similar brands, but I studied up on amazon and ebay. Also there were a few mentions on hondasxs.com where I got the idea after struggling to backup the sxs, which I thought would be easier. There are multiple brands and its basically a throw away if it’s under $50 and doesn’t work or goes bad. I don’t know if a higher cost model would be any more reliable.
Backup camera seems like a lazy way to go, but I am 60+ and my neck doesn’t twist around very good anymore!

Reactions: duhmojo
duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ya! A backup mirror would work perfect. I didn't think to search for them.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Congrats! Yeah riding a sxs does take some getting used to when all you're familiar with is atv's and dirtbikes.

Reactions: duhmojo
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!