New Ride in Bend Oregon

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My first post here. Looks like lots of good info on the site.
After years of pounding logs on my old Honda Foreman on Moose hunts in Canada I finally decided to get a side by side. No easy thing to do here Oregon with most dealers having almost no inventory. But our local Bend dealer had 2 Pioneer 1000s 3 seaters in stock. Basic Red, or Deluxe Pioneer Black.

I've already got some stuff on order, so no doubt I will need to ask lots of questions. I had a small light bar on my old Foreman, so ordered a larger one for this. I plan on putting it on the worthless looking front bumper. Gees, that's really a bumper? Well, archery season is less than a month off, so only so much time to get some basic things added. Plus, there is no inventory of parts. I asked my dealer to put on skid plates, but they had to order.

So it looks like the obvious thing to do is remove the plate on the front dash with all the warnings and put the light switches, etc. I guess that will leave 6 holes where the pop rivets were removed? I see Amazon has a cup holder with a plate to cover this, but looks like the cup holder could be in the way of things.

I look forward to putting some miles on this soon.
Have fun with it and welcome to a great site.

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Just got my new Honda 700-4 -down in 3 rivers. Did a nice ride around walker Mt today stayed on the main roads. A little too dry to go on the side roads.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Just got my new Honda 700-4 -down in 3 rivers. Did a nice ride around walker Mt today stayed on the main roads. A little too dry to go on the side roads.
East Fort Rock was a place I visited a few years back. Was a lot of beetle kill then on lodge pole pines, but seems like a cool place to ride???

Last edited:
E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just spent 3 days in the upper Deschutes.
Dry and Dusty but fun.
Can I ask how did your get atv sticker to stay on I put it on the back tail get but its already coming off of course its hard plastic and I don't have a bumper

Reactions: Isaiah
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190706 192051

Upper left on a thin chrome plate mounted on the jack or roll bar.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great idea.
nice place for a Jack up there also. Sweet rig.
Put me to shame with just a can of tire flat fix. :oops:

Last edited:
E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
thanks great idea I will do the same I put my fire extinguisher behind the seat on the front roll bar. I also attached a survival pack to the passenger seat head rest it has my extras and a first aid kit. I might have to add a tire fixit kit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!