P700 New shoes for the 700-2

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
With only 500 or so miles the factory tires were getting choppy as hell from the back road riding. Factory were 25" on 12" deluxe wheels. Went with 27" Terrabites 10s on the front and 11s on the rear staying with factory wheels.

I gained a solid 2 or 3" of height and it was tight getting in the garage. The 3 mile ride home was much smoother and maybe a little less road noise. Have PBR's spring pucks, but not sure if I will add them or not because of the garage. This eve or tomorrow I will get the PSI and clearance figured out and get a firm answer on whether I add the spacers or not.

Definitely happy with the stance and look

20200817 195653
20200817 195538
20200817 195800
20200817 173757
20200817 173750

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm leaning towards the exact setup as yours.
Have the 700-2 deluxe also.

Any thoughts on stability? It's already kinda top heavy, IMO.
I was thinking about stiffening up the shocks in hopes of less roll on twisty trails.
Not sure if that's how it works or not.

Reactions: Backwoods
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

I was thinking about stiffening up the shocks in hopes of less roll on twisty trails.

I havent experienced any issues yet, but most of my use is hunting property that doesnt get too steep. Roof is wayyyyyy up there though :eek:

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the exact same 700-2. I love the look with the larger tires.. Nicely Done! I am having the same garage door issue, and decided to have my roof chopped. It goes in on Tuesday. Pics to follow.

Im gonna need pics when done

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
It won't be tippy I run 27s with a 5+2 offset in the mountains all the time. It ain't to eager to tip over with a decent line selection.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the exact same 700-2. I love the look with the larger tires.. Nicely Done! I am having the same garage door issue, and decided to have my roof chopped. It goes in on Tuesday. Pics to follow.

Does roof chop screw up the windshield fit?

Last edited:
tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Love the stance! Your machine really looks nice! I worry about garage height too... Mine barely fits under my 9' garage door with the top on 700-4dlx.

2 questions: 1. I really like the rear flag windscreen, does that one help with dust? Where did you get that from?
2. That looks like an aftermarket exhaust tip, where did you get that from as well?

Thank you..

Reactions: livefromthetree
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Love the stance! Your machine really looks nice! I worry about garage height too... Mine barely fits under my 9' garage door with the top on 700-4dlx.

2 questions: 1. I really like the rear flag windscreen, does that one help with dust? Where did you get that from?
2. That looks like an aftermarket exhaust tip, where did you get that from as well?

Thank you..
Thx man. The flag does not seemingly help much with dust, but looks good. It's made for Jeeps you can usually get them in several designs and colors. It's also one sided, so from the inside it's a clear view. Got it here but search around if you want sumn different Amazon.com: RT-TCZ Sunshade Mesh Shade Top Cover US Flag Polyester Durable Sun Shade for Jeep Wrangler 2007-2017 JK JKU 2 Door Black US Flag: Automotive

The exhaust tip makes the machine a little deeper. Maybe a hair less whiney. Made for Yamaha, but is plug and play on the 700. For 07-13 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI CNC Machined Power Exhaust Tip + Spark Arrestor | eBay

tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thx man. The flag does not seemingly help much with dust, but looks good. It's made for Jeeps you can usually get them in several designs and colors. It's also one sided, so from the inside it's a clear view. Got it here but search around if you want sumn different Amazon.com: RT-TCZ Sunshade Mesh Shade Top Cover US Flag Polyester Durable Sun Shade for Jeep Wrangler 2007-2017 JK JKU 2 Door Black US Flag: Automotive

The exhaust tip makes the machine a little deeper. Maybe a hair less whiney. Made for Yamaha, but is plug and play on the 700. For 07-13 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI CNC Machined Power Exhaust Tip + Spark Arrestor | eBay

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info... Looks really good! I have some shopping to do...

Reactions: livefromthetree

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!