New tires??

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I'm fix'n to upgrade the tires and wheels on my 500. I ride in everything from the mountains in Colorado to the swamps in south Arkansas, but mostly I ride around on dirt roads, gas pipelines and farm roads around my home and farms. Looking for a good all round tire, probably 26 or 27 inch. Have been looking on line at Maxxis Vipr and the Sedona Rip Saw. Anyone have any experience with either of these, or recommend something else?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i would highly recommend pitbull rocker or growler tires i have a set of both and they are first class do everything tires if you ride in more muddy areas the growlers are better than the rockers you can get them in 6ply or 8ply they run oversized so a 26in will be close to 27inches tall

D

Designdiva124

Jan 5, 2015
We were told not to get the Mudlites.
We have to decide this week if upgrading tires or not.
We got through fine with the ones we have on 5A in Florida but bottomed out 2x due the base frame height to mud/tall root.

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
I just purchased some GBC Mongrels 27". I had mudlites but to me they do not ride all that well, good mud tire.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Any one running either of these: Interco Tires Reptile Radial (6ply) or Interco Tires Swamp Lite (6ply) ?

Lprioux

Lprioux

Jan 12, 2015
South Central Louisiana
I run 26x9 front and 26x10 back and very pleased with the performance and handling. They are lighter than some tires, good pulling thru mud and gave me another inch or so of clearance. Would recommend to anyone with a P5.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I've had both Swamplites and Reptiles on previous ATV's. Awesome traction on both but they also wore down fast when running a lot of road, gravel, or hard pack due to them being soft. Great traction but quick wear. Hope this helps

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Just blew thru the snow with these. Big horn 2.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 524

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!