P1000 No storage

J

Just4fun

Jul 27, 2016
Gulf coast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone found something functionable to use in the 1000-3 for storage or carrying things ?

C

Cohutta

Jun 25, 2016
NWGA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under the driver's seat is some unused space, but you would need a waterproof container in it. That's about it.

Reactions: Just4fun and sharp
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image I use this plastic box from Walmart around $17 it's dust and waterproof, holds a lot of stuff.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I strap down a large Bostitch tool box
for my recovery gear, first kit, a few
tools, etc. I am looking for another one
that's a little larger to put our helmets
in when we're not wearing them.

John

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know about the size and space under the seat. On my 700 I used a 20mm ammo can to put a little storage under the seat. It works very well with lots of room for various things. I wasn't able to put the lid back on so stuff inside gets dusty, but I'm glad to have the storage.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a couple waterproof bags off of Amazon... 30 liter... hold lots of stuff, and waterproof... under seat beneath driver...

Reactions: drfubar
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Someone on here with a P5 used some 8" or 6" diameter plastic pipe with a cap glued on one end and screw cap end on the other, like large water main pipe. Strapped it to the outer frame under driver's seat. Gonna do something like this too. Very strong water proof and easy to do. I did give consideration to slide drawer runners and bolt an ammo box to them and bolt to frame under the driver's seat. Then place a door such that you would open it and slide the ammo can out to the side of the machine. Just not made time to do either.... yet.

Put an ammo can under the hood for second battery and a small bit of storage for manual, insurance papers etc.

j

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!