P500 Opinions on seat.

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
I have a chance to get 2 like new leather seats from a Mazda Rx8.
Do you think they will work/fit in the p5?
They would look better in the red p5 but whatever I’ll change plastics if I go this route lol.
I think they would be sooooo comfy lol

My concern is they are to big being car seats.... what’s your thoughts?
Thanks
6a8abb9ee022168df7c4f8fed89c566d
80524c0eb3f43bbed5f905b3cf3bb167

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Pay attention to how thick the seat backs are. I think leg room will be the tightest fit. Lots of head room and I think there is plenty of room across for the bases. But it will be if they sit you up to high with your knees and if you can make them go back far enough. I'm 6ft and wish I had about 2 more inches of space for my legs. Not my feet but my highs. If the seat pushed me forward I wouldn't be able to ride in it. There was one guy that changed the seat back spacers and gained an inch and I may try that for me.

Reactions: Lady01 and SORGuy
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You could make them work but they're probably going to sit too high. I put rzr buckets in mine and had to cut into the plastics a little to get them to sit back enough, about where the bench was. Even with that though, they sit slightly higher than the stocker. Anything can be done but it may not be very cost effective and take a lot of modification to make them work. Take a good look at the width too, not a lot of room in that cab. You can pop your seats out and just set those in there to get an idea what you're up against.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Tried automotive racing seats ( smaller than the seats your entertaining ) in Honda P700.
Never could locate them in a comfortable CRADLE position.
Bottom cushion & slant of Rear cushion just not enough room without extensive modifications to rear cab frame & OEM seat bottom frame.

P500 cab is smaller :: End up all Seat :: No room for driver

Trigger & I both -- have zrz 1000 seats in P500's -- each using different mounting methods.
Beleave mine --- set 1in. Lower than Trigger's & Trigger's 1in further back than mine.

S

SORGuy

May 31, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Pay attention to how thick the seat backs are. I think leg room will be the tightest fit. Lots of head room and I think there is plenty of room across for the bases. But it will be if they sit you up to high with your knees and if you can make them go back far enough. I'm 6ft and wish I had about 2 more inches of space for my legs. Not my feet but my highs. If the seat pushed me forward I wouldn't be able to ride in it. There was one guy that changed the seat back spacers and gained an inch and I may try that for me.
I agree. Might work for someone under 5'6" but would crowd a tall driver too much.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!