Opinions: RRB vs. Brimstone vs. Windrock

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
A group of 5 couples are considering taking a week to ride one, or all of these parks next summer. Any opinions on which is best? Good and bad about each? How many days should we spend at each location? Should we even do all three in a week?

We like to rent a house to all stay together, but don't see many options. Maybe cabins in a campground might work best for us.

Appreciate any opinions.

Thanks!

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it all depends on the type of riding you are looking for.

Brimstone is more rocky techinical and rutted trails close together. We normally ride every trail in about 3 days.

RRB has lots of trails. Only rode there one time and did about 250 miles in 3 days. The trails we rode were not very techincal but had some nice views. i dont think we even did a 1/8 of the trails that are there, or found the really good ones.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
it all depends on the type of riding you are looking for.

We ride al lot at Hatfield McCoy and always look for the black trails. We typically do about 100 miles a day and ride pretty hard. All in our group are on Sport Side x sides. We like trails that run for miles without a lot of short trails and intersections.

Thanks for the feedback!!

F

Former-X3-Lover

May 25, 2019
Southern States of Merica
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Windrock is technical, rocky, and lots of fun. Accommodations are great. Good campground and cabins. General stores has supplies and gas. Royal Blue is good too. East side of the interstate (Royal Blue) is good riding. Not very technical and is ridden a lot. Trails are worn. Accommodations are tight campgrounds if your in a RV. I stay at Eagle Rock. The west side of interstate 75 (North Cumberland) is outstanding. Lots of trails and lots of variety of riding. Brimstone is my least favorite. Accommodations suck. I stay in a rv. Terrible getting it to Brimstone. The trails are similar to Windrock. Rocky and technical. You could stay at any of the parks and ride to the other ones if you choose to. Just my .02 cents.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I wouldn’t limit myself to any of the areas. They are all interconnected and cover a few hundred thousand acres of pretty incredible riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A group of 5 couples are considering taking a week to ride one, or all of these parks next summer. Any opinions on which is best? Good and bad about each? How many days should we spend at each location? Should we even do all three in a week?

We like to rent a house to all stay together, but don't see many options. Maybe cabins in a campground might work best for us.

Appreciate any opinions.

Thanks!

OK in a nutshell here goes:

TWRA / WMA - Sundquist Unit / Royal Blue Unit / New River Unit / Tackett Creek had 200K acres alone and about 900 miles of trails everything from very easy to very difficult. The best positive is it is in between Brimstone on the North west and Windrock to the South. The benefit of WMA is only ONE person per machine has to have a permit a 7 day non resident is $84, again only one per machine needed.

Brimstone is 50K acres of moderate to very difficult trails, it is approx $21 per person per day.

Windrock is 70K acres of very easy to extremely difficult trails, it too is approximately $21 per person per day.

Your best bet is to stay at Eagle Rock Resort & Campground in either one or two mobile home they have or they have a 7 condo units connected together that can sleep up to 40 for big groups. I would look into renting 3 to 5 of those condos together especially units 1-4. Frome there you are only a mile from fuel, & 4 restaurants. Also you can be in Windrock north end in under 2 hours by trail if desired, same for Brimstone you can be in ist East side in under 2 hours by trail. The area is VERY ATV friendly, once you unload you can ride your SXS everywhere, to fuel, food, trails, and almost every road section needed to connect areas is already ATV legal without any special equipment or additional permits.

CONDOS Link: Eagle Bluff Condos | Eagle Rock Resort & Campground | Eagle Rock Resort & Campground

Permit info for WMA / Royal Blue
Complete Liability Waivers Online Here: WaiverSign

Purchase Riding Permits here: Login / Enroll | Tennessee Hunt & Fish Licenses | Go Outdoors Tennessee

TN Residents:
PER DAY:
TYPE 36 Cost $18.00
ANNUAL PASS: TYPE 1 & TYPE 93 Cost $56.00
JUNIOR RESIDENT ANNUAL: (Ages 13-15) TYPE 2 & TYPE 94 Cost $35.00

NON RESIDENTS:
PER DAY:
TYPE 38 Cost $40.00
7 DAY PASS: TYPE 93 & TYPE 72 Cost $84.00
ANNUAL PASS: Type 71 & TYPE 93 Cost $133.00
JUNIOR NON-RESIDENT ANNUAL: (Ages 13-15) TYPE 70 & TYPE 94 Cost $36.00

Children 12 and under do not require any permits even if operating their own machine.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!