P1000 P1000-5 factory rear door gap

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a brand new p1000-5 deluxe Camo and I have noticed that the passenger side rear door does not have much of a gap but the drivers side rear door has a big gap. The gap I am talking about is at the bottom and you can the the ground pretty good and I get a lot of dust and dirt and mud in the back floor board. Is this common and is there a fix or an adjustment? I have done checked the latches and all and can't seem to see what to do, my father has the same unit and both of his rear doors have a gap so don't really no what to do. Would like to have no gap at all.

shawshank63

shawshank63

Jul 7, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a brand new p1000-5 deluxe Camo and I have noticed that the passenger side rear door does not have much of a gap but the drivers side rear door has a big gap. The gap I am talking about is at the bottom and you can the the ground pretty good and I get a lot of dust and dirt and mud in the back floor board. Is this common and is there a fix or an adjustment? I have done checked the latches and all and can't seem to see what to do, my father has the same unit and both of his rear doors have a gap so don't really no what to do. Would like to have no gap at all.
Hey Chipper.
Did you get an answer to this post?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a hard gap to fill and still use the door for entry exit it's to large for any typical seals. The back edge is easy.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Mine has gaps on both sides and it does collect quite a bit of mud/dust. I was thinking about just "borrowing" some closed cell foam rubber from work and making a gasket for it as a test.

If there is a way to adjust it out, that would be better.

Because I know, the first time my wife is back there and I throw mud all over her feet, I won't like the results of what she does to the back of my head.

Reactions: shawshank63
Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is all true and just wish there was an adjustment to bring it closer in the door frame to keep dirt and mud out, like I said I got one door that's awesome and the other door has gap so I am trying to figuare something out...

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is all true and just wish there was an adjustment to bring it closer in the door frame to keep dirt and mud out, like I said I got one door that's awesome and the other door has gap so I am trying to figuare something out...

Both of mine have gaps you can see daylight through, so count yourself lucky. :)

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Both of mine have gaps you can see daylight through, so count yourself lucky. :)

Chipper look at both latches to see if they are mating up the same. If not you may be able to adjust the one that is giving you a problem by loosening the radiator style clamps on ROP up top . Then rotate brackets to tighten gap but still latch.Latch may have some adjustment. They are very aggravating to adjust. May take a long extension on your ratchet to reach clamps. I changed mine out to heavier duty clamp. Factory is pretty narrow clamp.Good luck and have lots of patience LOL.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Chipper look at both latches to see if they are mating up the same. If not you may be able to adjust the one that is giving you a problem by loosening the radiator style clamps on ROP up top . Then rotate brackets to tighten gap but still latch.Latch may have some adjustment. They are very aggravating to adjust. May take a long extension on your ratchet to reach clamps. I changed mine out to heavier duty clamp. Factory is pretty narrow clamp.Good luck and have lots of patience LOL.
Great suggestion @BIGRACK !!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!