P1000 P1000 shift lever is hard to shift sometimes.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sometimes the shift lever on my P10003 can be a bugger to move, especially when going from H range to L range or from L range to H. From H up to R or P is not usually a problem. I adjusted the shift linkage in the little box in the in the back but no help. Still have under 300 miles on the machine so will this get better with use or will this be the norm? Thanks for any comments.

Reactions: Hawk53 and Lady01
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What year?

Does your unit creep in gear?

The box in the back is mainly for rear differential lock/unlock.
2021. Not quite sure what you mean by creep in gear? I keep my foot on the brake when trying to move the shift lever. Then when in gear it seems to just stay till I hit the gas. That's what I kind of figured for that box in the back, I was not seeing the 2wdlock sometimes when going to 2wd so that's why I did do that adjustment.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
H

HondaTech

2021. Not quite sure what you mean by creep in gear? I keep my foot on the brake when trying to move the shift lever. Then when in gear it seems to just stay till I hit the gas. That's what I kind of figured for that box in the back, I was not seeing the 2wdlock sometimes when going to 2wd so that's why I did do that adjustment.

Some units have had a sticky clutch that makes the unit move while in gear without any throttle input.

If it doesnt move by itself in gear on flat ground its ok in that regard.

Does the shifting get easier with the unit not running?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some units have had a sticky clutch that makes the unit move while in gear without any throttle input.

Does the shifting get easier with the unit not running?
It shifts fairly easy with the engine off until it gets to low gear slot, then have to use more force to get it there. Maybe it it is just something I will have to get used to for awhile. Probably nothing seriously wrong, just not used to it yet.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3

It does not creep when put in high range, but does seem to creep a bit when put into low range. If that is the case of a sticky clutch in low range will it eventually get less sticky? Thank you Honda Tech!

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sometimes the shift lever on my P10003 can be a bugger to move, especially when going from H range to L range or from L range to H. From H up to R or P is not usually a problem. I adjusted the shift linkage in the little box in the in the back but no help. Still have under 300 miles on the machine so will this get better with use or will this be the norm? Thanks for any comments.
Are you still under warranty ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!