P500 P500 tire/wheel advice,...

M

mah4ever

Sep 8, 2021
Canada
Hi all. I've owned a P500 for a couple years now and just got my first flat with the stock tires. I'd like to replace them all with a better tire. I'd much appreciate any help with these questions :

1) Any thoughts on the Kenda K587 Bear Claw HTR ?
2) The stock tires are 24x10-12 (rear) and 24x8-12 (front). I was thinking of replacing these with 25x10-12 (rear) and 25x8-12 - i.e. slightly higher tires to get a little more height. Can you see any issues with that ? Would they be installable on the stock wheels ?

Many thanks in advance for any help !!

Matt

Reactions: 500oneer
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Hi all. I've owned a P500 for a couple years now and just got my first flat with the stock tires. I'd like to replace them all with a better tire. I'd much appreciate any help with these questions :

2) The stock tires are 24x10-12 (rear) and 24x8-12 (front). I was thinking of replacing these with 25x10-12 (rear) and 25x8-12 - i.e. slightly higher tires to get a little more height. Can you see any issues with that ? Would they be installable on the stock wheels ?

Matt
The search button is your friend man - tons of threads on tires, biggest you can go, what offset, etc. Like most will say...if you go up you need to go out. The 500/520 can get tippy pretty quick if you're going taller and not wider.

Lots of tire options, lots of wheel options.

I love the HTRs

Deadhorse

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500

Matt
Those are the same size and brand tires I put on my P520. I love them. I put them on ITP steel wheels with 5:2 offset and installed 1.5" spacers on all four corners. Seems very stable to me. I value stability more than the extra clearance I would get with 26" or 27" tires. Others value the extra clearance. Personal preference I suppose.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
mah4ever
1st. A Proper welcome.
Red was the 1st color all other colors followed & Honda hope's they Sell.
NOW Tire Delima:
Hard to beat Kendra XTR's for good all around tire ( prefer 26 or even better 27's ).
They will work on Stock OEM Wheels -- with or without spacers although Most Prefer Spaccers.
Have 27's on 4-3 offset wheels - & still cautious on Off Camber Terrain Situations. ( No "Clearance " Problems )

FYI:
YOU ALREADY BROKE Rule 1 ( No Pictures )

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
LOVE my HTRs . . .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!