P500 P520 w/SuperATV windshield

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
With the flip up windshield you can’t access the hood. I would like to see @SuperATV come up with a pivoting bracket or flip up bottom section. you have to have that accessible for storage options like the emp insert, as its about the only place to store your tools and gear. If you keep a tool kit under the hood you can unbolt the lower windshield if needed while on the trail. If they can’t help I guess Ill have to come up with something.

Reactions: hallic
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Don't have a link handy, but there's a couple mods to this posted. Couple guys did something with door hinges and cotter pins or something. Myself, I took a couple angle brackets and bolted the bottom part onto a set of ROPS clamps. Takes all of 30 seconds to pop it on or off, and doesnt move once it's clamped on. Whatever you come up with, make sure you show us pics! 👍

Reactions: Bmurray
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Don't have a link handy, but there's a couple mods to this posted. Couple guys did something with door hinges and cotter pins or something. Myself, I took a couple angle brackets and bolted the bottom part onto a set of ROPS clamps. Takes all of 30 seconds to pop it on or off, and doesnt move once it's clamped on. Whatever you come up with, make sure you show us pics! 👍
WAIT ! Where are your pics ?

Reactions: Bmurray
Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X

Reactions: SuperATV
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No photo, no interest.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
WAIT ! Where are your pics ?
Currently archived due to main PC is dead. Waiting on new mobo before I can (hopefully) get all my stuff back. :(

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Just so I know, many of my shooting friends are lusting after a P520, are you guys talking about both the 500 and the 520? I have a P500 I bought Aug 2020. I put the SATV windshield on right away and shortly thereafter a front basket. I have had to remove the basket to get inside the hood for a glove box and to do coolant but didn't need to do a thing with the windshield. At my advanced age I occasionally suffer from CRS. I don't want to remove the front rack just to see if I have to tamper with the windshield.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

IMG 0869

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just so I know, many of my shooting friends are lusting after a P520, are you guys talking about both the 500 and the 520? I have a P500 I bought Aug 2020. I put the SATV windshield on right away and shortly thereafter a front basket. I have had to remove the basket to get inside the hood for a glove box and to do coolant but didn't need to do a thing with the windshield. At my advanced age I occasionally suffer from CRS. I don't want to remove the front rack just to see if I have to tamper with the windshield.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

View attachment 292858
Yes the EZ-Steer goes for both

Reactions: Smitty335
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yep, the 500 and 520 cage line comes out past the hood, and the windshield has to follow that. I was under the impression that you could still unlatch the hood and wiggle it out from under the lower windshield. I'll have to go back and check. We don't have one in the shop right now.

The mods posted above are pretty great.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, took a new pic. Here's my half-assed way of making it work. Took some scrap something resembling metal, bent it into something resembling a 90 degree angle, bolted a Honda ROPS clamp and presto-whammo! Was working under the hood so its just laying on top of it, and not clamped into place around the bar. But it works, takes under a minute to wiggle it on and off.

PXL 20210904 214459346 exported 1857 1630791910853

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!