BOX1

P700 P700 cheap under hood storage

D

Dadio

Feb 6, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay, maybe it’s not the most elegant solution, but I think it might work. I had seen some videos on installing the marine hatch to access under the seat, even bought one while the P700 was on order (they seem to be a little difficult to find) only to realize that the hatch mod doesnt work on a P700 because all you have is air under the seat. So,……crap. (Anyone need a hatch?)

Took a look under the hood and then started trying to stuff containers under there. Toolboxes on hand are too large. Ammo boxes fit but seemed to waste space. Those plastic shoebox storage boxes fit pretty well, but how to keep it from bouncing around? Some scrap quarter inch plywood, 10x14.5” with a notch cut out for the bracket in the back, a hole at each corner and some zip ties made a nice secure shelf. A coat of olive green spray paint hopefully provides some protection and dresses it up a bit. And an old belt makes a strap to hold everything tight. I’ll probably replace the belt with some webbing and plastic buckles like you see on backpacks, or maybe not.
FABB710D D2EA 4CFE 9BEA D878BD9CF187

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job. I used a small ratchet strap. Cut hook off the long piece and made a loop. Looped it around that bottom bar in the front. Left the hook on the ratchet part and it would hook onto a vertical piece of metal behind the box.
20201017 120351
20201017 120357

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!