Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's when they applied for the patent, unless I read the link wrong, and I may have, it was just published 5/16/17. Still old news, but has it been implemented already?

If I understand it correctly, this could be used as a failsafe to prevent damage to the clutches, by possibly cutting off the power which would leave you stuck in that spot or condition without a winch or buddy to assist. OR to increase the oil line pressure by some other means of which I don't know how that would be accomplished.

Reactions: Elkhunter
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think there are a few club members looking at pressure! @snuffnwhisky will hopefully chime in! Good find @JACKAL!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't think this is related specifically to the Pioneer. If you read the description it is for an 8 speed transmission not a 6 speed and if I am reading it correctly it is a diagnostic tool (OBD II) for determining what is wrong rather than a delimiter type of protection system.

When operation of a gear engaging mechanism fails in a double-clutch automatic transmission of this type, the large number of electromagnetic valves increases the number of conceivable failure sites and makes it impossible to identify the actual source from among the various possibilities. This has sometimes made it difficult to promptly implement remedial action.

and

Now to explain, reference numeral 1 designates a vehicle, and the vehicle 1 is equipped with an automatic transmission (sometimes called “transmission” hereinafter) T. The transmission T is a double-clutch (twin-clutch) transmission with 8 forward-speed gears and 1 reverse-speed gear and has P, R, N and D ranges, for example.

The description of the assembly/operations also mentions a torque converter, which the Honda automobile DCT has but unfortunately the Pioneer doesn't.

Hydraulic pressure sent to the fifth linear solenoid valve (LSE) 70j is pressure-regulated to control (supply) pressure of the torque converter 12 and outputted from the output port thereof, while hydraulic pressure sent to the sixth linear solenoid valve (LSF) 70k is applied to the spool of the line pressure-regulating valve 70d as a signal pressure, whereby the line pressure output from the output port of the line pressure-regulating valve 70d is pressure-regulated to a line command pressure.

Not to say this couldn't be adapted to the Pioneer. I just don't think that this is anything related to clutch slipping problems that some people are having on the Pioneer.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well heck, I'll take an 8 speed. :) Gimme a 1st gear 50% lower than the current and add a top gear 15% higher than 6th. That would solve the crawlers and the speed freaks desires in one shot.

But to your point @Crow_Hunter this is likely for a regular motor vehicle, and only a method of detection device for the oil line pressure.

Life was much simpler when getting more clamping force on the clutch was a set of Barnett springs and a set of washers on the basket, ahh the good ole days.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!