Pioneer 500 Aftermarket Lightbar Wiring Question

D

dewroc

Sep 20, 2014
www.facebook.com
I have a 24" aftermarket led lightbar. I have purchased the wiring harness which I'm using to power the solenoid for my wench.

My question is has anyone wired a 24" lightbar directly using the auxiliary wiring harness or are you having to rig up a relay to get power from the battery directly and just use the harness to power the relay?

I can't find power ratings on the harness to know if it will handle a typical lightbar.

Thanks for any info.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use a wire calc such as this to estimate the size wire required.

http://www.wirebarn.com/Wire-Calculator_ep_41.html

If the wire is heavy enough for the length then you should be able to put a 5 or 10 amp fuse in place and it'll be fine. Not a lot of amps. But if it's to thin of a wire itll cause problems.

D

dewroc

Sep 20, 2014
www.facebook.com
Thanks. I'm pretty confident in the wire just wasn't sure if the actual harness was rated to run the power bar.

I think/assume the Honda light bar would get its power from that wore harness

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check and see what the power draw is for each. I know the Amazon Bargain light bars I have are no where near as efficient as say a rigid. BUT they are nowhere NEAR the cost either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!