Pioneer 520 or can am defender or cf moto uforce

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
I have a pioneer 520 and before that a pioneer 500. I do like them but lately have been getting the bug for a larger machine. I don't care for the 3 speed transmission in the P 700 and the P 1000 is out of my price range. So my buddies have a can am defender hd 7 and another buddy has the cf moto uforce 1000. They are nice looking machines with lots of room. My problem is trading my Honda for a cf moto or even a can am seems a bit foolish to me. I'm concerned about reliability. What do you guys think.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a pioneer 520 and before that a pioneer 500. I do like them but lately have been getting the bug for a larger machine. I don't care for the 3 speed transmission in the P 700 and the P 1000 is out of my price range. So my buddies have a can am defender hd 7 and another buddy has the cf moto uforce 1000. They are nice looking machines with lots of room. My problem is trading my Honda for a cf moto or even a can am seems a bit foolish to me. I'm concerned about reliability. What do you guys think.
I think you would be a fool to get rid of a Honda for any China made junk.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a pioneer 520 and before that a pioneer 500. I do like them but lately have been getting the bug for a larger machine. I don't care for the 3 speed transmission in the P 700 and the P 1000 is out of my price range. So my buddies have a can am defender hd 7 and another buddy has the cf moto uforce 1000. They are nice looking machines with lots of room. My problem is trading my Honda for a cf moto or even a CANNED HAM seems a bit foolish to me. I'm concerned about reliability. What do you guys think.
fixed it for ya!

Stay away from China Joe commie made junk! The Canned ham is a rubber band drive and U might need hearing aids after a yr of driving that hot box. Like stated above, get u a piggy bank and save for a P1 or buy one used

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
scour f-book marketplace, in the northeast here, many 1000's, under 1K miles, some with accessories well under $20k, I would have no issue buying used these days, if machine, owners house, vehicles, etc. look well kept, etc.... low low risk and save many thousands

you may have to burn some fuel, but some really good low mile machines out there.

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Deep down I knew it would be a bad move to trade the honda for either one of those machines. I just wanted other opinions. The P 520 is staying for now and probably for a very long time.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you want something besides a honda I would look at the wolverine. You can get it in a 850 and it will be better than the commander h7 at about the same price. The 3sp on the Pioneer 700 works better than people give it credit for

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The only machine with the same or better quality than the Honda, is Yamaha.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!