BOX1

P700 Pioneer 700...Should I????

J

jpittm2

Feb 9, 2017
S.W Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
hey, guys I've got a question and I am hoping some of you can help me out. I currently own a 2016 John Deere 590i, this is not what I intended to get but let me tell you what happened.
I previously owned a Bad Boy Buggy Recoil IS. Nice machine, but just too many issues and battery life sucked, so the only dealership in my area that would take it in on trade was JD. so, hinz why I got what I got.
I originally wanted to trade in for a Pioneer 500, but Honda dealer wanted nothing to do with Bad boy buggie. But now I have seen a couple of the Pioneer 700 Deluxe models and I am thinking about trading up once again. My worry is the machine being under powered, I read several reviews where people say it needs a low range.
So my question is? How is the power on the P700. Specifically the Deluxe model. any info would be greatly appreciated. Is it a good machine or would it be wise to go with a different model Pioneer?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 700 is a great machine. For me the 1000 was just so much better and after driving them both I went with the 1000 because I knew that I would end up there and even though it was more money than I intended to spend it was definitely the right move for me.
Drive them both and good luck. You're going in the right road.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I can't compare to any other side by side, but I love my 700-4! It goes through anything I need. I think 36HP is what it has. I guess it depends on your needs. Search the forum for comparisons and reviews. It's a tough choice but anything Honda will have a way better resale value than a bad boy or even a Deere!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I love my P700 Deluxe. It is just the right size and super reliable. I have never had a problem with wanting more power or speed for the way I ride. It just depends on how you are going to use it. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudwing
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome.

Either will be a great machine, if utility with a little trail riding is your mindset then you’ll be plenty happy with a 700.

If it’s 50/50 you’ll probably be happy with a 700 until you ride in a 1000.

If it’s more than 50% trail riding get the 1000.

For me 80% of the hours on it are utility around the house and 80% of the miles are fun trail riding so the 1000 is far better for me than my 700 was.

J

jpittm2

Feb 9, 2017
S.W Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No, I'm not into the high speed trail riding... mostly will be using it for Food Plot preparation, Deer hunting and then just crawling slow thru river bottom making trails having fun. The JD does ok, it just doesn't like water over 12" deep... Belt slips and I've taken it back 4 times now and they can not figure out why... SO, I'm getting a Pioneer, just undecided on which one.

thanks for the replies..

Justin

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
No, I'm not into the high speed trail riding... mostly will be using it for Food Plot preparation, Deer hunting and then just crawling slow thru river bottom making trails having fun. The JD does ok, it just doesn't like water over 12" deep... Belt slips and I've taken it back 4 times now and they can not figure out why... SO, I'm getting a Pioneer, just undecided on which one.

thanks for the replies..

Justin
If you are satisfied with jd ul love the 700 in my opinion I can’t justify the price of a 1000 with issues it has been known to have when the 700 is low cost and known to be tough I know mine been mistreated badly and no issues yet

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's the line-up as I see it. (keep in mind I haven't owned them all)
P-500 = small, nimble, everything you NEED, legal on almost any trail.
P-700 = More Cargo, More passengers, little engine that could. It just keeps going. Wider than 50" allowed on some trails.
P-1000 = Beast, Faster, More powerful, Tight trails might troubling. Like the 700, it's not allowed on every trail.

Honda is hands down the most dependable SxS on the market.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have had a lot of bad goings....
Probably ready to give up....I have my 2014 p4 almost The way I like it.3 years not a hiccup.I hunt with it And I get my whole family out and it gathers all our wood for winter. I wanted a 1000 Very badly, But I waited to see how things go.While I waited I added shocks and a lift. I will never sell this machine. Too reliable and they grow on you.If I had more money I would have the 1000 but the 700 would stay.
No matter what you get. Your biggest value will be the info on this forum..

Last edited:
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can't go bad with any of the Hondas in my opinion. We bought a '17 700-4 deluxe a few months ago and love it so far.
I haven't been in a 500 other than sitting but put some miles on the neighbors '17 1000-5 LE both driving and riding and it's a great machine as well.

Our choice of the 700 came down to reliability, size, intended use and budget.

Wanted to add that swsebeks comment about the valuable information on this forum is spot on.
I read for over a month on this site before pulling the trigger. You can read all over the Internet but the members here share their knowledge and opinions of these machines both good and bad which is uncommon.

Last edited:
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a P700-4 and this thing has amazed me with the capabilty. My expectations were to use it as our first family trail vehicle, purchase was primarily driven by budget. I have off roading in my blood from my younger Jeep days, so I'm not a complete noob. But .... this thing has BLOWN ME AWAY, as to date (somehow) it HAS NOT been stuck. Small trees, creeks, mud, rock, big rocks, some light sand .... she tackles it all.

The power initially concerned me when buying, and I see why some may want a low range, but personally I have had zero problems with needed power at low speed. And having no belts was a huge plus for me.

I don't have the deluxe model, I'm not a bells and whistles guy .... IMO, just more to go wrong.

Honestly, if you go 700 or 1000 you'll be happy .... deciding between the two is based on your needs/budget. The 700 was a perfect fit for us.

D

dlotto28

Apr 29, 2018
Wy
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-3
hey, guys I've got a question and I am hoping some of you can help me out. I currently own a 2016 John Deere 590i, this is not what I intended to get but let me tell you what happened.
I previously owned a Bad Boy Buggy Recoil IS. Nice machine, but just too many issues and battery life sucked, so the only dealership in my area that would take it in on trade was JD. so, hinz why I got what I got.
I originally wanted to trade in for a Pioneer 500, but Honda dealer wanted nothing to do with Bad boy buggie. But now I have seen a couple of the Pioneer 700 Deluxe models and I am thinking about trading up once again. My worry is the machine being under powered, I read several reviews where people say it needs a low range.
So my question is? How is the power on the P700. Specifically the Deluxe model. any info would be greatly appreciated. Is it a good machine or wo

Reactions: DG Rider
D

dlotto28

Apr 29, 2018
Wy
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-3
I bought a 700 deluxe last year. We use it on the ranch and have over 6000 miles. I wish it had a little more leg room, but other than that we love it. I haven't had any problems with power. It will climb pretty steep hills, go through a foot of snow and cross be average smaller creeks without 4wd. It gets 18 mpg in the pasture. We have had really good luck so far.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!