P500 Pioneer Height w Factory Honda Roof?

L

lazypengu1n

May 15, 2021
Live Free or Die
Ownership

1. 520
I have a deposit on a 520 and trying to figure out what the height is with the Honda Poly roof installed? I know the machine itself is approx. 71.2" but it looks like poly roof might add a few. Reason I need to find out is my trailer door height is only 74". I did see the EMP Aluminum roof and it contours to the frame well so that is what I am leaning towards if the factory roof makes the machine too high.

Any information if much appreciated.

L

lazypengu1n

May 15, 2021
Live Free or Die
Ownership

1. 520
I agree the EMP one looks way better. I am going to use the rig to do trapshooting events and hunt so I need it to stay 50" to be able to go on the 50" ATV trails.

I thought about a spacer lift kit, but it looks like most people just say get taller tires like 26" or 27". I'll be cutting it close with the trailer door height of only 74".

The aluminum roof will come in handy as I plan to install a intercom and HAM Radio as well.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry man, but the whole bigger tires and stay at 50" thing....

Cutest Beating Dead Horse GIF

L

LloydinMT

Sep 21, 2020
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Just went out and measured my 2018 with factory roof and got 71" one side and 70" other side - uneven ground. Standard tires.
Looked at it again and there are ridges to the inside of the roof that stick up another 1.5" so more like 72.5" instead of 71

Last edited:
L

lazypengu1n

May 15, 2021
Live Free or Die
Ownership

1. 520
Thank
Just went out and measured my 2018 with facory roof and got 71" one side and 70" other side - uneven ground. Standard tires.
Thank you very much for doing that. Makes me a little more confident ordering the factory roof and the machine fitting through my trailer opening.

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
I have the 27 inch tires and Honda roof and am at 74 inches. I can't get it in my horse trailer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!