P1000m5 Playing around on property

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
***UPDATED WITH FIRST VIDEO***

We had a small break in the weather and I took advantage of that. It was still quite cold with below freezing temperatures, but the windshield helped with that. I am still learning how to do video editing, but am slowly getting better. Youtube takes forever to upload!! I was able to edit and render over 25 minutes of video in under 3 minutes on my macbook pro...loading onto youtube 4+ hours!!!

Anyway....enjoy the videos (i had to break it into two clips due to the upload time). I have the second video uploaded, but the first video is still uploading. Once it gets completed, I will link it to this thread as well.

ENJOY!

Last edited:
Reactions: blackdog2086
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like you got a cool place to get out and ride. Thanks for sharing.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Looks like you got a cool place to get out and ride. Thanks for sharing.

Very welcome. The land is "family" land that my father bought and has passed down to myself and my brother. There isn't enough money or incising jobs to ever get me to leave permanently. As a small child me and my best friend used to camp down at the creek, boy what fun it was.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
We had a small break in the weather and I took advantage of that. It was still quite cold with below freezing temperatures, but the windshield helped with that. I am still learning how to do video editing, but am slowly getting better. Youtube takes forever to upload!! I was able to edit and render over 25 minutes of video in under 3 minutes on my macbook pro...loading onto youtube 4+ hours!!!

Anyway....enjoy the videos (i had to break it into two clips due to the upload time). I have the second video uploaded, but the first video is still uploading. Once it gets completed, I will link it to this thread as well.

ENJOY!

Marine660

Not trying to be a butthead but why the heck in that terrain would you be riding around in one wheel drive and in low??

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Marine660

Not trying to be a butthead but why the heck in that terrain would you be riding around in one wheel drive and in low??

That terrain is cake compared to the mountains I ride in (i.e. no reason for anything but one wheel drive). Also, when in turf mode it is easy to steer and i can make sharp turns.

Low is nice because it lets me creep along and not place a load on the transmission...

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
That terrain is cake compared to the mountains I ride in (i.e. no reason for anything but one wheel drive). Also, when in turf mode it is easy to steer and i can make sharp turns.

Low is nice because it lets me creep along and not place a load on the transmission...

I keep that sucker locked in 2wd when riding. All it takes is a couple times of you forgetting and putting the power down and s*** just goes downhill from there.
Take a look at the polaris 1 wheel drive examples when you have time

And no load given in high just cruising around

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I keep that sucker locked in 2wd when riding. All it takes is a couple times of you forgetting and putting the power down and s*** just goes downhill from there.
Take a look at the polaris 1 wheel drive examples when you have time

And no load given in high just cruising around

No offense, but I have been driving these trails and off road toys in general since I was 5. I know how to drive and handel my machines. There is no need for a locked rear diff for the terrain I was on. And the fact that I prefer low range when going slow is due to more torque and it keeps the clutches and driveline meshed up well.

I appreciate your offering advise, but i am good

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also use turf mode 90% of the time or more. I've got 40 acres and some mud, 16-17° hills and absolutely never use anything but turf mode at home. I also generally use low range for the better engine braking and I don't go fast around the house. Another benefit of using turf mode is the less rutting out of my trails around the property. My P700 was rutting the inside of the turns because the locked rear end. I shouldn't say never though, I will occasionally skid logs or some other work that requires more traction.

When I rode adventure off road, I used turf mode as much as possible which was a big majority of the time. I can tell by looking at the upcoming terrain to know which of the four modes I will need.

One more benefit of using turf mode is less wear and tear on the axle splines, CV's, and rear end gears. It saves tire wear too.

To each his own, that's why we buy these rides for ourselves. We can do what we want with them.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I have updated this with the second part of the video (well the first part but I did it second...LOL)

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
Looks like a nice place to really learn your machine and have fun. I have had mine for a month and still trying it out to see how it will handle. I've ridden some crazy stuff in eastern KY and don't need to wait till I get there to know what it will do.

Reactions: Marine660
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm starting a coalition to have @Marine660 host a ride at his place! lol Looks awesome man, this former farm boy, now transposed to the city is jealous!

Reactions: Stauvo
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I'm starting a coalition to have @Marine660 host a ride at his place! lol Looks awesome man, this former farm boy, now transposed to the city is jealous!

I would love to have a few folks come out and ride...although there isn't all that much land to ride on, it would be a short day of riding LOL.

I moved to the city for college and several years after graduation in two different city's. The largest being Denver Colorado and I will tell you that I like my southeast county better than anything else...although Moab, UT is a great place to play!

Reactions: PioneerPete
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Marine660. This video gives me a nice perspective on clutch use. It looks just like the evironment i would be helping my family chase cows through and many of the trails we ride. Cheers!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No offense, but I have been driving these trails and off road toys in general since I was 5. I know how to drive and handel my machines. There is no need for a locked rear diff for the terrain I was on. And the fact that I prefer low range when going slow is due to more torque and it keeps the clutches and driveline meshed up well.

I appreciate your offering advise, but i am good
I use turf mode for almost all my driving even through the mud on Keith Springs mtn. (and that is some serious mud). I uploaded a video to YouTube going through some mud in turf mode. It's amazing what it will handle in that mode in high range. Nice videos!

Reactions: Marine660
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use turf mode for almost all my driving even through the mud on Keith Springs mtn. (and that is some serious mud). I uploaded a video to YouTube going through some mud in turf mode. It's amazing what it will handle in that mode in high range. Nice videos!
Search "Pioneer 1000 first mud" on YouTube for video I uploaded to YouTube. And yes, it does take forever to upload! Lol

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Search "Pioneer 1000 first mud" on YouTube for video I uploaded to YouTube. And yes, it does take forever to upload! Lol

I watched your video, looks great! I love that riding area, although it was so much better 5 years ago before the started graveling and grading for the logging trucks.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched your video, looks great! I love that riding area, although it was so much better 5 years ago before the started graveling and grading for the logging trucks.
It's worse now than it was just a year ago. If coming from the community center, the first rock hill you come to used to take forever because you had to pick the perfect line to get over the large rocks. As you mentioned, its all been crushed down. On my Foreman, I go up it in 2nd gear 2wd. There's still some really challenging trails on it though, just not as many. I'm only 15 mins away so I can't really complain too much lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
*** Youtube takes forever to upload!! I was able to edit and render over 25 minutes of video in under 3 minutes on my macbook pro...loading onto youtube 4+ hours!!!
If you go into your video editing software and encode the video in a streaming format before you upload it will only take a few minutes to post instead of hours. I learned the hard way. I don't mess with youtube much but it says what formats it accepts by default.

Here is the official formats:Supported YouTube file formats - YouTube Help

I think MP4 & MOV upload the quickest.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Your property looks a lot like mine........except mine is under about 6 inches of snow right now. The P1000 is my first side by side as I've been a quad guy up until this point. That being said, my trails are a bit too narrow in some areas so I'll be spending some time with the chainsaw and tractor to make them more accessible and save my plastic.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!