P1000 Plowing with the Pioneer 1000

P

posterboy

Well We got our first foot of snow in one dump. Well it is still snowing. All I have to say is WOW. This thing plows amazing... Seriously. I have had a Polaris Ranger 500, 800 and 900 and this thing plows way better than those ever could. I also had the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT before this and I thought that plowed better than the Polaris. I am way impressed.

Now for the not so good. Evan though I am completely amazed by the plowing it could be better. The issue I run into with the Pioneer 1000 is.... I like to plow in Manual mode to keep the constant power and gear. The problem I found out about the Pioneer 1000 is that once you go into reverse and then back into Low it will go back into Automatic mode.... NOT Manual... this was a little disappointing and frustrating. I am hoping there will be a way to override this with a switch somehow... Running it in LOW auto is still good but there are times that it was trying to shift during the time I needed it to push and shift down.I also had the gearing pop out a couple of times from LOW but I think this can be adjusted. And the only other small detail is getting use to the notches on the shifter.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well We got our first foot of snow in one dump. Well it is still snowing. All I have to say is WOW. This thing plows amazing... Seriously. I have had a Polaris Ranger 500, 800 and 900 and this thing plows way better than those ever could. I also had the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT before this and I thought that plowed better than the Polaris. I am way impressed.

Now for the not so good. Evan though I am completely amazed by the plowing it could be better. The issue I run into with the Pioneer 1000 is.... I like to plow in Manual mode to keep the constant power and gear. The problem I found out about the Pioneer 1000 is that once you go into reverse and then back into Low it will go back into Automatic mode.... NOT Manual... this was a little disappointing and frustrating. I am hoping there will be a way to override this with a switch somehow... Running it in LOW auto is still good but there are times that it was trying to shift during the time I needed it to push and shift down.I also had the gearing pop out a couple of times from LOW but I think this can be adjusted. And the only other small detail is getting use to the notches on the shifter.
I do agree about the thing going into auto as soon as you change the gear selector I think they do that so people don't forget it's in or someone else getter in and not knowing I feel it's Honda so they had a reason but irritating I agree. I kinda thought manual was unnecessary as well as it shifts off road (we tried both ways and its money in sport even in really rough stuff) but very nice when needed plowing pulling heavy load tugging trees sort of thing. Be nice to find override for this.

Last edited:
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I plowed last night and this morning and I agree, this thing is awesome. This was some of the heaviest snow I've seen and it pushed it without any issue at all. You don't appreciate the power and the trans until you push a heavy pile of snow from a dead stop.

But... I do agree with the shifting piece. I ran in low and on auto last night. It was frustrating to try to keep it in manual this morning though. I did downshift while in auto but eventually it wanted to put itself into a higher gear.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!