P500 power commander for p500

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Back in june i talked to them and they said they were finalizing everything lol looks like they had more to do

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
FYI, I sent Dobeck an email and got back this response...so I guess the foreman part will work.

Thank you for your interest in a Dobeck Performance fuel solution.

At this time, we do not have a finalized part number for the Honda Pioneer 500.

However, the EJK for the Foreman 500 will hook up and function on the Pioneer 500.

Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I wounder if the setting will be the same also

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Sorry, cutoff the rest of the message:

Thank you for your interest in a Dobeck Performance fuel solution.

At this time, we do not have a finalized part number for the Honda Pioneer 500.

However, the EJK for the Foreman 500 will hook up and function on the Pioneer 500.

What performance mods have you added? Does your vehicle seem to be running lean?

We recommend the EJK Gen 3 P/N 9310272 for your Honda Pioneer 500. Click the link to find base settings, installation instructions, and product info.

The EJK comes preprogrammed with the recommended settings for Stage 1 modifications (Intake & Exhaust Upgrades).

Cost of the EJK is $cost with discount if verified and includes free shipping via US Mail to anywhere in the USA.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
I don't get why everyone say u don't need to go faster.... No one said go faster we wanna climb a hill and have power to reach the top.... Has anyone tryed one of these yet or found a after market muffler I can hear mine is coming apart on the inside

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
only route for an exhaust right now is to make a custom one but dobeck now has their afr tune out so it will make it easier to custom an exhaust

Reactions: JCart and Tmiller
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't get why everyone say u don't need to go faster.... No one said go faster we wanna climb a hill and have power to reach the top.... Has anyone tryed one of these yet or found a after market muffler I can hear mine is coming apart on the inside
My P-5 has climbed every hill I've attempted. You can't climb it if it's so steep your front wheels are coming off the ground, no matter how much power you have.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
For my usage of P5 with mods (read extra weight, larger tires rims etc), I don't need necessarily higher top end speed, meaning remove governer to enable higher speed. What I want is enhanced power and torque throughout the power band, especially from idle to 3/4 throttle. Why you ask cause we have lots of low gears to play with? So yesterday at work, passenger and me gravel road, twisty and hilly road alignment. Too steep for 5th, 4th not quite enough power to pull on hill, given twisty road, 3rd over reving (for my liking). With a broader power band 4th would be perfect. In 4th with more/enhanced torque I could negate having to rev the pizz out of it in 3rd, yet still maintain a reasonable ground speed at 1/2 throttle, quieter engine via lower rpm, without having to drift the corners to maintain engine rpm.... No need to scare passengers (this is for work...). Generally with enhanced broader power band especially off idle to 3/4 throttle in effect you could maintain higher gear but lower throttle position and not have to buzz the engine or shift as much. Hope that makes sense.

jrc

Reactions: Talen and ehart814
Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
For my usage of P5 with mods (read extra weight, larger tires rims etc), I don't need necessarily higher top end speed, meaning remove governer to enable higher speed. What I want is enhanced power and torque throughout the power band, especially from idle to 3/4 throttle. Why you ask cause we have lots of low gears to play with? So yesterday at work, passenger and me gravel road, twisty and hilly road alignment. Too steep for 5th, 4th not quite enough power to pull on hill, given twisty road, 3rd over reving (for my liking). With a broader power band 4th would be perfect. In 4th with more/enhanced torque I could negate having to rev the pizz out of it in 3rd, yet still maintain a reasonable ground speed at 1/2 throttle, quieter engine via lower rpm, without having to drift the corners to maintain engine rpm.... No need to scare passengers (this is for work...). Generally with enhanced broader power band especially off idle to 3/4 throttle in effect you could maintain higher gear but lower throttle position and not have to buzz the engine or shift as much. Hope that makes sense.

jrc
Makes perfect sense to me I'm happy I have the same problem as you all these people wanna do is tell you your not drivein right or something I'm with you 100%

advertisement
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
The power commander on its own won't do much. These guys are right. But, The reason for one is so we can add an exhaust and larger intake. The commander allows you to tune fuel injection accordingly. Also, I think with using the power commander, we could make a slip on performance muffler work just fine..

On another note. I know guys keep saying if you want to go fast, buy some thing else. Really??? I bought the p5 because it was cheap and a honda. I would have loved to buy a can am commander. But, I don't piss money. I think most of us want the most we can get for the best price. If I can make it go faster I will. 40 Isn't much. I've done 40 On trail. But only smooth ones obviously. Since suspension sucks.

Reactions: Tmiller
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
nothing will remove 42mph governor its set in the ignition module not ecu inorder to do that u need a programable cdi then mate it to the ecu or scrap all that and run a stand alone system but then ur looking at about half the cost of the machine i think most guys here just want more power which doesnt always equal more speed

Reactions: Tmiller and Talen
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If you knew a good tuner I'd be willing to bet that they could improve the power, torque, and throttle response on a stock machine using the power commander. Intake and exhaust mods would only help, of course. The power commanders are very popular for bikes and a lot of people have experience dyno tuning with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jak9922

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!