highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
One year again today I walked out my house at daylight to see the destruction caused by the night storm named Hurricane Laura. That was a rough one to ride out after it made a last minute turn and basically ran right over my house.

Southwest Louisiana still hasn’t fully recovered from that storm, then Hurricane delta in September. Laura was a severe wind event at 145 mph winds while Delta was more of a rain event. Then of course ice storm in February of 2021. We are not equipped for ice down here! It’s been a year!

We are all hoping that Ida will not be as strong as Laura.

I’m certain we will lose electricity either way which will of course affect my access to the website. If I don’t get orders out quickly then that’s why.

To all my fellow coastal Cajuns, take precautions and be safe.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One year again today I walked out my house at daylight to see the destruction caused by the night storm named Hurricane Laura. That was a rough one to ride out after it made a last minute turn and basically ran right over my house.

Southwest Louisiana still hasn’t fully recovered from that storm, then Hurricane delta in September. Laura was a severe wind event at 145 mph winds while Delta was more of a rain event. Then of course ice storm in February of 2021. We are not equipped for ice down here! It’s been a year!

We are all hoping that Ida will not be as strong as Laura.

I’m certain we will lose electricity either way which will of course affect my access to the website. If I don’t get orders out quickly then that’s why.

To all my fellow coastal Cajuns, take precautions and be safe.
Be safe! 🙏🏻

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
And don’t forget the catastrophic flooding in May 2021. Some people were still in the middle of repairs and had to rip out brand new Sheetrock again that hadn’t even been painted yet. Although my damage was minimal compared to most of the residents around our area it is still stressful to just get the minor repairs that we needed done around here. A lot are still fighting with insurance and to find reliable contractors that actually will complete the work in a reasonable amount of time. My wife and I didn’t even start our minimal repairs till May but it took one contractor 3 months to do a Tatar of 10-12 hours worth of work. Just hired a friend last Monday to complete the job and he’ll be done by the end of next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I didn't have any home damage from either hurricane. Only vinyl siding and a few individual shingle tabs but my shop was scalped by Laura. Fixed that in Oct. My daughter got stranded at McNeese University during the flood. Water was chest deep on Common Street at McNeese! Not that bad near home about 30 miles NE of Lake Charles.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
All I can say is that I know exactly how many of the eastern residents feel today. The day after Laura hit us last year, I walked 9 miles checking houses for people that had evacuated and helping clear roads. We couldn't drive anywhere because of all the down trees. A neighbor and I cleared our 1/2 mile road with my chain saw had his Kubota tractor front end loader. Local farmers with BIG tractors cleared the main road in from highways. We are a very self sufficient community. Most people are more than willing to help. Of course there were some able losers who didn't help with a damn thing.

We didn't have power for 11 days, which is actually pretty good for our rural area. My day job office was shut down for no power or water. Our church became the community distribution center for Red Cross supplies and donations so I helped there when I wasn't helping family. It doesn't take long to adjust to a new schedule centered around fueling generators at 7 am and 7 pm!!

The road of recovery is LONG! You have to persevere to the end.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!