P1000 Question about installing dual battery

N

NutriAz

Nov 18, 2023
Nutrioso Arizona
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I have a 23 1K5 Deluxe. Honda cheapened up on some things for the 23 year. I did the rear door cargo mod and found door panels were installed with pins instead of screws. Not really a big deal I now have a nut insert tool added to my collection. Getting ready To add second battery and have seen on here there is an extra ground wire wrapped in blue tape near the rear of the battery. I have the blue tape but when I removed it no spare ground wire but there is a capped off pink wire. Does anyone need if they did not install the extra ground on the 23 models?

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is what I thought it was.
So the 23 models didn't come with the extra ground wire?
My 22 didn't and as far as I know the 23s are identical with the exception of colors. They made significant changes in the 22 model year and cut some things out to help keep the price point sane.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!