P1000 Radio and intercom install

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ever since I bought the buggy the missus has been nagging me to install an audio system. I’ve read every review I could find, even visited a local sound shop to narrow down my choices.

Lately I’ve been hitting the local trails with a church group of SxS enthusiasts. They all have radios and intercoms for streaming music and talking to each other, both within the buggy and car-to-car. More research…

Turns out PCI is the only brand with a stereo intercom. Plus they were having an end of summer sale. Only down side is there is no mounting bracket for the Pioneer. No problem… I sent Crossroads3D a sketch of my layout and 3 days it was in the mail.

i originally wanted the radio on top and closest to the drive. During the fitment test I discovered the radio interfered with the locker control box. I spun the gauge plate 180* and voilà… problem solved. OG layout vs what I settled on:

B6218B02 B6BD 4BD3 A274 4C2D268EDC28
760E52B0 8CC7 4795 8518 D0F4A2184F7E

I used four 10-32 rivet nuts on the corners. I also purchased a “beauty ring” for mounting the radio. It basically sandwiches the radio/gauge plate between two pieces of metal. Time will tell off this setup can withstand a weekend of trail riding with @CumminsPusher lol.

We’re headed to Riggins today with the new camper and buggy. Field report forthcoming. Here’s a pic of the rig and short video of my installation.

6C14EE21 D076 43B7 81D9 3D43410F9C9B

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ever since I bought the buggy the missus has been nagging me to install an audio system. I’ve read every review I could find, even visited a local sound shop to narrow down my choices.

Lately I’ve been hitting the local trails with a church group of SxS enthusiasts. They all have radios and intercoms for streaming music and talking to each other, both within the buggy and car-to-car. More research…

Turns out PCI is the only brand with a stereo intercom. Plus they were having an end of summer sale. Only down side is there is no mounting bracket for the Pioneer. No problem… I sent Crossroads3D a sketch of my layout and 3 days it was in the mail.

i originally wanted the radio on top and closest to the drive. During the fitment test I discovered the radio interfered with the locker control box. I spun the gauge plate 180* and voilà… problem solved. OG layout vs what I settled on:

View attachment 357535View attachment 357536
I used four 10-32 rivet nuts on the corners. I also purchased a “beauty ring” for mounting the radio. It basically sandwiches the radio/gauge plate between two pieces of metal. Time will tell off this setup can withstand a weekend of trail riding with @CumminsPusher lol.

We’re headed to Riggins today with the new camper and buggy. Field report forthcoming. Here’s a pic of the rig and short video of my installation.

View attachment 357537
Man you’re getting setup! Looking good brother nice job

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!