Railcart UTV?

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm noticing the wheel track on our 700D4 is almost wide enough to sit on top of railroad tracks, and I've seen where there are commercial kits that can be used on the Kubota and Polaris for railroad maintenance companies.

Not that I'd be dumb enough to try riding on a live railroad, but thinking in prepper mode for a moment, has anyone ever built a kit that could be used to make a UTV into a really expensive railcart?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm noticing the wheel track on our 700D4 is almost wide enough to sit on top of railroad tracks, and I've seen where there are commercial kits that can be used on the Kubota and POO POO FIRE TRAPS for railroad maintenance companies.

Not that I'd be dumb enough to try riding on a live railroad, but thinking in prepper mode for a moment, has anyone ever built a kit that could be used to make a UTV into a really expensive railcart?
Fixed it for ya!

To Answer your question, Ive never seen it. Also if its not found in our such or communist Google
Id say thats a negative Ghost Rider.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm noticing the wheel track on our 700D4 is almost wide enough to sit on top of railroad tracks, and I've seen where there are commercial kits that can be used on the Kubota and Polaris for railroad maintenance companies.

I'd think it'd be more useful to just drive down the tracks with regular old tires and be able to turn off when needed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!