P1000 Ranch Armor Roof w/ Switch Box

L

LSUPioneer7032

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright gurus, my time to shine has arrived. I just installed a ranch armor roof on my pioneer, and I'm now faced with the daunting task of wiring it up.

This link will take you to what I'm dealing with: Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Crew Ranch Armor Metal Top

I went with Package No. 4, so the roof itself comes with a pre-wired switch box connecting light bars/pods in front, rear and sides, dome lights, outlets, and a bluetooth soundbar. I THINK I only have to make a single connection to the battery to power the switch box.

Considering the amount of add-ons that will be powered, I need to install a second battery. I've watched Mr. Sparre's incredibly detailed video regarding adding a second battery, honda sxs isolator, stinger relay, etc. My eyes crossed and my head still hurts from trying to process the wealth of information he eloquently presents.

Do I need all of that stuff to simply add a second battery and connect the 2 wires running from the roof? I THINK I just need the isolator, but I'm way out of my element here. Also, where would you all recommend making an entry into the front hood compartment? I assume somewhere near the front passenger pillar, but I am not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, so I apologize for the redundancy.

Thanks again. Pics to follow this evening....

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The isolator kits in the club store work well. While technically you could just wire the second battery in parallel, the isolator keeps you from draining the starter battery. The rest of the stuff, i.e voltage displays, acc switches, fuse boxes, relays, etc. are just nice to have add on's.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With all that roof has on it I would go with at least a 2nd battery and an isolator. The second fuse box helps a lot with controlling the power to acc. I’m guessing that panel has a power switch so you may not need that rt now but if you add anything later you might.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alright gurus, my time to shine has arrived. I just installed a ranch armor roof on my pioneer, and I'm now faced with the daunting task of wiring it up.

This link will take you to what I'm dealing with: Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Crew Ranch Armor Metal Top

I went with Package No. 4, so the roof itself comes with a pre-wired switch box connecting light bars/pods in front, rear and sides, dome lights, outlets, and a bluetooth soundbar. I THINK I only have to make a single connection to the battery to power the switch box.

Considering the amount of add-ons that will be powered, I need to install a second battery. I've watched Mr. Sparre's incredibly detailed video regarding adding a second battery, honda sxs isolator, stinger relay, etc. My eyes crossed and my head still hurts from trying to process the wealth of information he eloquently presents.

Do I need all of that stuff to simply add a second battery and connect the 2 wires running from the roof? I THINK I just need the isolator, but I'm way out of my element here. Also, where would you all recommend making an entry into the front hood compartment? I assume somewhere near the front passenger pillar, but I am not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, so I apologize for the redundancy.

What does that weigh?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I'm no expert by any means but to me......the simplest way, and I know a lot of people on here might not agree..........you can just get a 2nd battery and run them both in parallel. That's the most basic quick way of doing it and there's nothing wrong with it in my opinion. From there you can add-on and get as fancy as you want, but a simple set in parallel will work for what you're looking for.

If you run your wires down the A-Pillar you can squeeze by the plastics and into the hood area

👍 good luck

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I did a Kubota RTV-X1140 Bird Hunting build for one of my customers fall off '21. It had the best of everything and definitely one of the most thorough builds we've done. He wanted a Rack over the front hood considering the size of the bed when using the rear seats. After doing some research, I reached out to Ranch Armor and ordered their Front Bumper/Rack Over Hood Combination. It was very well built and the most rugged Hood Rack and Bumper I've done. It looked much better in person than on their website. The machine sat on the floor for several days before being picked up, and everyone who looked wanted it. He brought some his buddies along when retrieving it, and you could tell everyone was envious. Sadly he passed shortly afterwards and when approached by his estate, I offered to purchase it for myself, but one of our friends bought it for what he originally spent on the build. Ranch Armor products are extremely well constructed and finished.

Reactions: Buggyman
Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have the same ranch armor top with 42 in light bar front 6 in on the sides and pods on the back and full stereo

i have the 2 battery kit from here and a stinger i got it when i got the top I have NOT installed it running on factory 1 battery for over a year trail riding with no problem i ran out of money for the battery that i wanted i will get to puting it all in someday

but just to let you know 1 is fine 2 is better

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!

advertisement
Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 6247 1
IMG 6251 3
IMG 6248 4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!