Random red/green wires at rear of talon near exhaust.

CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all.

The other day I smelled something burning by my exhaust and I found a wire in a loom laying across my exhaust. I’m trying to see if something came unplugged, or is this just an accessory wire from Honda incase I added something back here later?
Thanks!

IMG 9933

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all.

The other day I smelled something burning by my exhaust and I found a wire in a loom laying across my exhaust. I’m trying to see if something came unplugged, or is this just an accessory wire from Honda incase I added something back here later?
Thanks!

View attachment 431385
Those aren't Honda connectors, someone has added that wiring, maybe back up lights?

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those aren't Honda connectors, someone has added that wiring, maybe back up lights?
That was my thought as well. But damn they did a great job with the harness hahah. Looks factory when I follow it.

There is a lot of accessories like blinkers and stuff added. This looks like an accessory power for something back here. Hmmmm

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That was my thought as well. But damn they did a great job with the harness hahah. Looks factory when I follow it.

There is a lot of accessories like blinkers and stuff added. This looks like an accessory power for something back here. Hmmmm
Could be power for the license plate light, if that was needed.

CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
I do have a street legal kit as I’m seeing they are called on the internet. (Blinkers, horn, license plate holder w light) all plug and play kits, so that’s why it looks professional. But definitely aftermarket. So those melted wires are definitely feeding power to my rear lights. The search continues. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Red500 and CID
CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all. Okay. So those wires were an accessory power wire. It didn’t pop a fuse, but where the blinker kit is grounded under the seat on the chassis ground, was broken.
After repair, blinkers worked! My next task was to change my IAC wire harness. Did that, easy peasy.
Went to fire it up & the dash wash flashing all kinds of nonsense.
So I cleaned up the under-seat chassis ground and dash was normal.. went to start the talon… nothing… :(

If I bridge the starter solenoid the starter engages, so the issue is from ignition to solenoid…

My question: do I keep playing with the talons grounds? Or could a bad connection at the IAC or fuel injectors be telling the talon not to turn over??

I didn’t do any work to the injectors but I did unplug them to give me more room to splice my IAC wires. If one of those wires broke would it cause a no turn over from the PCM?

Thanks! 🙏🏼

CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all. Okay. So those wires were an accessory power wire. It didn’t pop a fuse, but where the blinker kit is grounded under the seat on the chassis ground, was broken.
After repair, blinkers worked! My next task was to change my IAC wire harness. Did that, easy peasy.
Went to fire it up & the dash wash flashing all kinds of nonsense.
So I cleaned up the under-seat chassis ground and dash was normal.. went to start the talon… nothing… :(

If I bridge the starter solenoid the starter engages, so the issue is from ignition to solenoid…

My question: do I keep playing with the talons grounds? Or could a bad connection at the IAC or fuel injectors be telling the talon not to turn over??

I didn’t do any work to the injectors but I did unplug them to give me more room to splice my IAC wires. If one of those wires broke would it cause a no turn over from the PCM?

Thanks! 🙏🏼
Update: key on, jump the solenoid and she fires right up and purrs like a kitten. No CEL.
So I’m assuming IAC and injectors and everything all working normally…

CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Update: key on, jump the solenoid and she fires right up and purrs like a kitten. No CEL.
So I’m assuming IAC and injectors and everything all working normally…
Update on the update: it’s the ignition harness in the dash. I must have bumped it when chasing grounds for my blinkers. I went to check the ignition and the harness was just hanging there, and when I moved it up out of the way to secure it, the talon now started. So I have a loose connection in the ignition harness connector.