Talon Red Talon X Ordered

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
After much consternation between a 2019 RZR X Ride Command, Yamaha YXZ and Talon X. The hammer dropped on a Talon X. I just couldn't see myself jumping into the rubber band world when the DCT is the future. I think Polaris deserves a lot of credit for creating a SXS sport market that is now growing faster than any market segment in UTV's. However, DCT is the future. If Yamaha had an automatic to go with the paddle shifters a 2019 YXZ would be sitting in my driveway right now. Only reason I had any consternation is that first year syndrome. I have to believe that Honda will be solid with the drivetrain. I also believe Honda will stand by their product as good as any manufacturer. I am first in line with a red X with my dealer. All signs point to April and I also pre ordered almost everything you can get for an X including glass windshield, wiper and washer.

I know the R is closer to suspension spec vs the RZR X. I just like to have a more compact car on trails here in Michigan. First time in a long time I am really excited about a big ticket purchase. Obviously, pics and review will promptly be followed by delivery.....

D

Deleted member 3748

After much consternation between a 2019 RZR X Ride Command, Yamaha YXZ and Talon X. The hammer dropped on a Talon X. I just couldn't see myself jumping into the rubber band world when the DCT is the future. I think Polaris deserves a lot of credit for creating a SXS sport market that is now growing faster than any market segment in UTV's. However, DCT is the future. If Yamaha had an automatic to go with the paddle shifters a 2019 YXZ would be sitting in my driveway right now. Only reason I had any consternation is that first year syndrome. I have to believe that Honda will be solid with the drivetrain. I also believe Honda will stand by their product as good as any manufacturer. I am first in line with a red X with my dealer. All signs point to April and I also pre ordered almost everything you can get for an X including glass windshield, wiper and washer.

I know the R is closer to suspension spec vs the RZR X. I just like to have a more compact car on trails here in Michigan. First time in a long time I am really excited about a big ticket purchase. Obviously, pics and review will promptly be followed by delivery.....
Awesome!! Can't wait to see it. Where do you ride in MI? I ride in St. Helen quite a bit.

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

Someone else posted earlier there is delivery pushbacks. Is there any truth to that? Is the first wave of deliveries affected?

I haven't heard anything, but I work in service and I'm off today. I'll ask about it tomorrow and see if the sales guys have heard anything.

Reactions: TimG and sharp
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I haven't heard anything, but I work in service and I'm off today. I'll ask about it tomorrow and see if the sales guys have heard anything.
What did you hear about delivery delays? Anything?

H

HondaTech

What did you hear about delivery delays? Anything?

Out sales rep said Japan really wants them in dealers the 1st week of March. Some things have to be etched out (manuals, parts fiche, floor plans, etc).

But their could be a 1-2 week delivery advancement, maybe 3rd week of March instead of April.

Reactions: 1Ron and IDIOT
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!