P500 Resetting service light

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have a few more miles before my next service is due but I need to service it now before the service indicator lights up or it will be way past due the next chance I have to service it. Does anyone know if I can reset the service before the wrench shows up?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hmmm...i would guess just doing the normal reset procedure does it. I think i may have done this before, but don't remember for sure.

Reactions: NitroxDiver
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does anyone know if I can reset the service before the wrench shows up?
Yes, If you reset it, it will reset the maintenance tripmeter. You can check this by turning the key and pushing the mode button 5 times.
You will see miles with a wrench, push it again, you will see hours with the wrench. These will turn to zero when you reset it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For reference.

Directions to reset Maintenance minder indicator:
To reset the indicator, press and continue to hold the button on the display and turn the ignition switch to "ON". *Do not crank it. The indicator message will light up, and after 2 seconds will flash twice, the maintenance minder is reset.
The maintenance tripmemter and hourmeter will also reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: NitroxDiver
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it would work that way but wasn't sure.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, If you reset it, it will reset the maintenance tripmeter. You can check this by turning the key and pushing the mode button 5 times.
You will see miles with a wrench, push it again, you will see hours with the wrench. These will turn to zero when you reset it.
...and if I'm not mistaken, this will not display with the engine running? Key on, engine off?

L

Lefty

Feb 14, 2016
Idaho
For reference.
I have a Honda 1000-5 that the second service was performed and am trying to reset the maintenance minder indicator. I have followed instructions in the manual but it keeps showing the wrench and switches from 1 to 2 and won’t delet the wrench icon. Any suggestions?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have a Honda 1000-5 that the second service was performed and am trying to reset the maintenance minder indicator. I have followed instructions in the manual but it keeps showing the wrench and switches from 1 to 2 and won’t delet the wrench icon. Any suggestions?
Hey @Lefty Just want to clearly something for understanding.
When you say its flashing, switching back and forth. Are you pushing the mode button or does this come up when you first turn on the key?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!