P500 Ride the wilds

D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
Looking into making a trip to ride the wilds this summer.
I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay with easy access to the trails. We want to park the truck and trailer and use the sxs while we are there
It'll be my wife and 2 girls with me, they are 5&6

Would like to stay in a cabin

Thanks

We have a p1k5

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
My friend and I did a part of ride the wilds last year up in Pittsburgh. I rented a P500. My best advice is to get a good set of maps if you don't already have ones loaded on your phone or tablet. We got very lost in a rain storm. I would suggest www.gpstrailmasters.com. Trails are not well marked and some are pretty rugged. I popped a tire on the old trail tracks and had to be towed back. We stayed in Jericho, great cabins around $60 a night with a fire pit. They have 2 twin bunk beds and a full bed in the cabin. No power, have a light inside that runs off solar that's on a battery. Highly recommend staying in Jericho park, lots of good trails that are well marked too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dealer6
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT

IMG 20160721 162312

MJayco

MJayco

Oct 27, 2016
NH
Ownership

1. 700-4
We camp at Mountain view Campground and cabins in Pittsburg each year. We have a camper but the cabins look nice and they are right on the trail.
Also Connoly Cabins in North Stratford is a nice place with super friendly owners.

D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
Thanks for the replys
We are still debating on when to go
It's looking like July

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
My wife and I did a day trip (about 2 1/2 hrs drive from home) last year to jericho, it was great, the wind mills are really neat. I have family that have camps/ houses in pittsburg and they ride also so hoping to make it up there next year. But we definatley want to go back to jericho in the fall during foliage season.

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
I live in Berlin there are a bunch of places to stay and eat in Gorham and Berlin also u can drive on the rds in town , yes get maps.

Reactions: MJayco and dealer6
JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
Plus N Conway is only like40 minutes away and there's a bunch check of shipping plazas there and restaurants

Fritz-NH

Fritz-NH

Jan 9, 2022
NH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Connoly Cabins in Stratford is a good launching point, cheep no frill cabins. We’re also interested in doing a long weekend ride in the wilds…

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!