DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
this machine is wearing me out with the rough ride. Any help out there?
They ride like s***.

Let some air out of the tires
Remove the sway bar
Add bigger tires
Add wheel spacers
At that point you'll have improved from terrible to just bad, as far as ride quality goes. There are aftermarket shocks as well. I'll let those who have them comment on ride improvement...

At the end of the day, it's a small machine with 6" of travel, so its never going to be a Cadillac.

Reactions: 25yrds and HUCK

4xfour

Jul 14, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I put on 26” Bighorn 2.0 tires on ITP Delta 5+2 rims, moved the shocks to the softest preload setting and removed the sway bar. With a decent quality dial low psi air gauge I run 4.5 to 8psi all round with crazy traction. Much smoother ride, can ride over and through things I used to brake for on the stock setup.

Removing the sway bar really helped the rear suspension work on choppy, rocky terrain and washboard. It also eliminated the front wheel lift when crossing larger obstacles slowly at an angle. Slightly more body roll when cornering at higher speeds, but not an issue unless swerving on pavement.

I’ll be adding some padded seat cushions soon...wanting to find a set of shocks that bolt in that are <$150 per corner.

Reactions: 25yrds and futzin
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
These shocks are worth the $$$ on the P500....

EJyiNcwCS7RigB0L2Tkew

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
First thing is taller tires. Any tires as long as they are taller will help the most and also improve other aspects of the machine. If you don’t need to stay 50” wide then go wider too.

Reactions: 25yrds
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!