Ripsaws, Terra45 & Street Legal kit installed

hop

hop

May 20, 2015
Got the ripsaws on, 26x9x12 and 26x11x12. Super aggressive, rig seems much easier to turn now. Shop said they balanced out easily, so the horror stories about being out of round are either exaggerated or they've fixed the problem. Got her up to top speed on pavement with no death wobble, so I'm happy. Also got the street legal kit and the winch on. Glad I got the synthetic rope to keep the weight down a little. Tires are heavy, takes her a bit longer to get up to 42 but still gets there with no problem.

20150604 152528 zpsxqmvjbuhjpe

old tire comparison

20150604 152631 zpsffvrsovgjpe

new profile

20150604 152539 zpsf1be3ii4jpe

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@hop, looks good with those tires on there. I think you will enjoy them for sure.
so.. whats up with the "Remove Before Flight" lol

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good brother!!

Daddio

Daddio

Feb 16, 2015
I've got the RipSaws on our P700 and love em! They are a great tire for these rigs.

hop

hop

May 20, 2015
After riding the ripsaws awhile, I wish I would have gone with a lighter tire. I wish the dirt tamers came in an 11 inch wide rear, since I can't get a definitive answer on whether or not 12's will work with the stock rims.

On level ground or even a decent incline, you'll still hit top speed. However, Most (read: all) of my riding is on very steep mountain trails. The weight of these dirt tamers has effectively taken 5th gear away, top speed up the hills in 4th is about 32. I'm sure the altitude I'm riding at (4000-10000 feet) effects things too. Time to look at new tires and sell these.

I will say for the tires, they are amazing. If you live in a lower altitude, or don't ride such hilly terrain, I highly recommend these things. From a 'rock crawling' aspect, in low and second gear, they can't be beaten.

Maybe i should crosspost this review to the wheels and tires section lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!