P700 Rubber spacer tape for windshield clamps

C

Chasedonaldg

Nov 24, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello and thank you for the wealth of information gathered from this forum.

I had the split windshield installed at dealer when I bought my 700-4 new. It seems to vibrate down over time to the point that I can’t close it using the handle in the middle that locks into place. I have moved it back up but after riding a while it does it again. Looking at the installation there is one layer of rubber wrapped around the roll bar that the clamps for the window are clamped around. This rubber has a tackiness on the inner side but I am guessing that the clamps are not quite tight enough to hold the windshield in place permanentl. I am looking on Amazon for something similar that I can wrap around the roll bars more than once if necessary to do a better job of holding the windshield in place by making the clamp more tight and secure. It does take a while to eventually shimmy down but I don’t want to have to keep moving it back up in place. I have seen something similar on Amazon but it doesn’t seem to be solid rubber, rather a neoprene foam that is 1/8 inch thick. My guess is being a neoprene foam is that it would eventually thin out and would do the same thing again. It may do the job but wanted forum opinion.

Also, not at home right now and would like to order ASAP. Anyone know the width of the clamp to be able to size the rubber strip width?

thanks in advance!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!