Rugged radios

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone used the handheld rugged radios? Looking at the RH-5R. Just looking for opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just starting to look into radios, I know I wang hand held, and this Baofeng unit looks good, do you have to have a HAM license? May be a dumb question, like I said newbie with the radios! TIA

D

Dasmoeturhead

Just starting to look into radios, I know I wang hand held, and this Baofeng unit looks good, do you have to have a HAM license? May be a dumb question, like I said newbie with the radios! TIA

Technically yes, you need a liscense to legally transmit on this radio. Even if you used the GMRS, and FRS frequncies the Baofeng puts out more power than the FCC allows for these services.
These radios can also be set to transmit on the frequncies that the Police,Govt,military, and most all other agency's use. So you must at least know which frequncies to stay off of.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!