P500 Save a ride kit

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
I ride solo most of the time as i have no friends.
I was also a boy scout so i like to be prepared.

Some stuff i keep with me on a regularly basis.

Compressor, toolkit, cables, patches, plugs, duct / black tape, wire, ties. Compass. Gloves, spare socks. First aid kit. Water gas oil. Energy bars.

I ride northern ontario. Not to remote so a long walk would get me out of most places.

I am looking at taking my machine to quebec, nb and ns.
I know this machine is reliable but things break , i am putting together a list of stuff i should take with me, it can always hang on the wall when i get back.
Tools are something i can but and is normally stock in most towns. Now

Wheel bearing, tie rod ends, ball joints. Tend to go with no notice. A couple tires on wheels.
What else might you bring when going to a new place. That is remote.
Don’t want to spend time waiting on simple parts would rather be riding. Thats why i bought a Honda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Compressor, toolkit, cables, patches, plugs, duct / black tape, wire, ties. Compass. Gloves, spare socks. First aid kit. Water gas oil. Energy bars.

I ride northern ontario. Not to remote so a long walk would get me out of most places.

I know this machine is reliable but things break , i am putting together a list of stuff i should take with me, it can always hang on the wall when i get back.

Wheel bearing, tie rod ends, ball joints. Tend to go with no notice. A couple tires on wheels.
Don’t want to spend time waiting on simple parts would rather be riding. Thats why i bought a Honda.

Bead lock rims are nice, that way you can carry tubes instead of tires and rims, you can break them down without a tire machine and stuff tubes in.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What machine?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

........ i am putting together a list of stuff i should take with me
If you are going that far in the remote, the most important thing you can take is another PERSON. Walking out may not be a big deal ...... IF you are able to walk. Stuff happens.

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
P500 F4b3e79b26e3937d2745b55a91a779e3

I do take my wife. I also know to let someone know we are gone, our rough route, and anticipated return.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I tend to ride alone a lot. The thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is a locator device like a Spot or Garmin InReach. Those aren't really "ride savers" so much as you savers.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sounds fun to me.
Tie rod and ends fit either side. that's good.
Of course proper tools.
Don't sound like you will be hard coring and that 500 is a tough little unit.
I would slime all my tires. I found this helps a lot with small to medium holes.

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
I tend to ride alone a lot. The thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is a locator device like a Spot or Garmin InReach. Those aren't really "ride savers" so much as you savers.

I do carry an iphone and make sure find my phone is turned on.at least it should give a rough idea. I think there are apps that can also be used to keep track of ya.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do carry an iphone and make sure find my phone is turned on.at least it should give a rough idea. I think there are apps that can also be used to keep track of ya.

I have one of those apps and it's fine as long as you have service. Worthless when you don't. You know your area, though.

Reactions: 420Rancher

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
I have one of those apps and it's fine as long as you have service. Worthless when you don't. You know your area, though.

Good to know as i would not want to rely on cell service.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Always have at least one rifle, a pistola, & a healthy supply of ammo.
Maybe a SAT phone. Or the personal GPS tracker that climbers use. Some sort of emergency shelter even a tarp. matches, small axe or hatchet.

Reactions: CASTRATE
C

ChopperBill

Feb 7, 2019
Bath Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2

Axe for trees across logging roads, folding military shovel for washouts at the culverts

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Matches of course and I like to carry a cable saw, Machete,a small tarp,folding shovel, Jerky in sealed pouches, good flashlights,flare rain poncho along with the others stuff mentioned.

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
Matches of course and I like to carry a cable saw, Machete,a small tarp,folding shovel, Jerky in sealed pouches, good flashlights,flare rain poncho along with the others stuff mentioned.

Flares are something i had not thought of., they would be an asset.

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going through my stuff last night and saw I had not included spare spark plugs. Not as big of concern on a Honda since they use good plugs but I always had them in my POlaris and will pick up a couple for the Honda just in case.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like to carry a small kit that my grandson and i put together that will help start a fire even in wet weather conditions.

1. Butane lighter
2. ferrocerium rod
3. A tin of pine planner shaving treated with a small amount wax
4. A tin of magnesium shavings

Since I always carry a knife it can be used with the ferrocerium rod (sparks at 3000 degrees) a lighter if the butane lighter has got wet.

The pine shavings will start in almost any circumstances except underwater. The wax helps keep them dry and makes them burn longer.

If the kindling available is damp the magnesium can help with that as it burns extremely hot. Just sprinkle a time amount on the fire till the kindling can take off.

The kit fits in a small leather bag and fits in your hand.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!