L

lowtidejoe

Apr 13, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
C39E9F22 3515 43B5 A402 6DD58FF6ACA1

100CE048 6F0E 4A09 B866 1849A6028E21

Got stuck for the first time yesterday totally alone while working a powerline, luckily I had a recovery strap in my truck that was only a few miles away. I pulled it out to safety with my Tacoma but quickly realized I never want to have to do that again.

I have a tusk 3500 winch and Warn Mount plate from RMATV but I have no clue how to install nor do I have any tools.

I called my dealer to see if they would install it but said they wouldn’t install anything but the warn winch they sell.

So now I’m seeking some help to get this installed. Any takers or recommendations? I can throw you some bucks or beer. Any help is welcome.

Best,

Joe

Reactions: DG Rider
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the member map for other members in your area.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the member map for other members in your area.

Tool requirements for the winch install are minimal. A basic metric socket set, some zip ties, and something to cut the excess from the zip ties are really about it. I bought the same winch and the directions that came with it were pretty straight forward. I'd be happy to coach you through it.

If you really don't want to attempt it though I'd go to a local auto shop with it (not a dealership, but "Tom's Auto Repair" or whatever). They would probably be happy to do it for you for an hour or two of labor. Not suggesting that is cheap, but it will get the job done. As the saying goes "Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good".

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with @JeremieBaker. A basic toolkit will be essential as you mod your machine to your liking. You said work on a powerline, so i would believe you have basic mechanical skills.

Harbour Freight or equivalent are good enough for these machines. You only need a few sizes to work on these, but make sure you are covered with 8-19mm sockets and wrenches at the minimum.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 77336

View attachment 77337

Got stuck for the first time yesterday totally alone while working a powerline, luckily I had a recovery strap in my truck that was only a few miles away. I pulled it out to safety with my Tacoma but quickly realized I never want to have to do that again.

I have a tusk 3500 winch and Warn Mount plate from RMATV but I have no clue how to install nor do I have any tools.

I called my dealer to see if they would install it but said they wouldn’t install anything but the warn winch they sell.

So now I’m seeking some help to get this installed. Any takers or recommendations? I can throw you some bucks or beer. Any help is welcome.

Best,

Joe

You already have the winch and mount plate and they come with instructions. Read them.
You have some bucks so go get some tools. You can use them over and over.
You have beer. Helps when you smash your knuckles.
Don't worry about f*****g up that's how you learn to do it.
Best advice I can give you Joe. ;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bring it to NC and I'll help you.

@RB3offroad, what would yall charge to help a guy install a winch?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 77336

View attachment 77337

Best,

Joe
Which dealer?
I'd find another dealer. You just dumped nearly 10K on a machine, and now they don't want to make more money? How dumb is that?
As you know, PHX has tons of off road shops that would also be glad.

Hopefully someone will step in and help you.

I agree with @JeremieBaker...You said work on a powerline, so i would believe you have basic mechanical skills.
I think he meant he was "working" (AKA riding) a powerline trail.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
L

lowtidejoe

Apr 13, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the sound advise. I will hopefully tackle it this weekend. I am in a rush as I use the atv for work. I’m an archaeologist working on the power lines ahead of vegetation crews

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not many trees in your area.definitely going to need a good anchoring set up

Reactions: lowtidejoe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!