DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
While out yesterday, I slowly dropped off a small ledge which looked like just dirt, but apparently was solid rock underneath. A good thud...but hardly the worst I've ever had, so I was surprised during post ride inspection to see this...

20241013 132639
20241013 132425
20241013 132416

Main frame rail right under one of the vertical beams. Outer edge bulged out, as you see. The inner did also, but not as much...so clearly it hit the outer edge hardest.

My first thought is to try and straighten the bulge somehow...but I don't know how it'd done without a lot of work. And on second thought, might be better off to let it be. Seems like the stresses would be mostly bending the frame AWAY from the dent anyway.

I suspect it will be fine. Your thoughts?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
While out yesterday, I slowly dropped off a small ledge which looked like just dirt, but apparently was solid rock underneath. A good thud...but hardly the worst I've ever had, so I was surprised during post ride inspection to see this...

View attachment 446830View attachment 446831View attachment 446832

Main frame rail right under one of the vertical beams. Outer edge bulged out, as you see. The inner did also, but not as much...so clearly it hit the outer edge hardest.

My first thought is to try and straighten the bulge somehow...but I don't know how it'd done without a lot of work. And on second thought, might be better off to let it be. Seems like the stresses would be mostly bending the frame AWAY from the dent anyway.

My 700 and 500 both had similar frame dents. I never addressed them and I never had an issue. They were rock beaten fairly regularly, especially the 700. The 500 wash a lot worse than what your showing. Just my feelings toward it but everyone is different.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

IMO - it is just a battle scar - if I had a $1 for every dirt bike, quad, sxs where I dented the frame, etc. - I’d probably have $35 bucks or even more -

stuff happens, bends, dents where ORV ride over rocks

Ride On!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMO - it is just a battle scar - if I had a $1 for every dirt bike, quad, sxs where I dented the frame, etc. - I’d probably have $35 bucks or even more -

stuff happens, bends, dents where ORV ride over rocks

Ride On!!!
Everything else...nerfs, front bumper, skids...they look pretty mangled. Just never gotten the frame rail like that. Still surprised it bent on what wasn't that hard of a hit. I've split rocks with that front cross member...

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I diffidently would not try to straighten it as you'd have to heat it which would weaken the metal.
If it bothers you weld/bridge a piece of flat stock across the dent.
I would be more concerned about the vertical beam, you might want to grind that & see if it's cracked or run some additional beads around it.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!