sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing will make you *hit your pants more than hearing that rattle go off right after you set up on that morning gobbler.

That's what I think about every morning when I set up with my kids. Really been lucky so far. I live right in the middle of WV and we have timber rattlers and copperhead. I just haven't come across one. We just picked blackberries Wednesday and not a snake one.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I think about every morning when I set up with my kids. Really been lucky so far. I live right in the middle of WV and we have timber rattlers and copperhead. I just haven't come across one. We just picked blackberries Wednesday and not a snake one.
You're very lucky then. When I was a kid, we were forced to help pick blackberries alot. 2 things I remember are rattlers and chiggers lol

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Lots of copperheads where we live and I've never seen one with that pattern and color. It looks like some non poisonous species native to your area. We don't kill non poisonous snakes because they do a lot of good with rodent control. We do kill all the copper heads, cotton mouths, and rattlesnakes we come across.
A copperheads pattern will always be shaped like saddle bags narrow on back wide on the sides remember saddle bags carry poison easy way to remember

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
You're very lucky then. When I was a kid, we were forced to help pick blackberries alot. 2 things I remember are rattlers and chiggers lol
Oh man I hate chiggers aka RED BUGS

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A venomous snake has a single row of belly scales all the way to the tail...non-venomous ones split into two towards the tail...so as others said it is a timber
Sho is!

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Chooglin had mentioned that the snake had rattles we would have just been discussing what type of rattlesnake it was instead of copperheads, rat snakes, etc. Lol.

Reactions: joeymt33

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Chooglin had mentioned that the snake had rattles we would have just been discussing what type of rattlesnake it was instead of copperheads, rat snakes, etc. Lol.
The one I posted is the Timber... I'm fairly certain the one @Chooglin posted is an Eastern Fox like @sharp said.

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who cares. They all dead if they run up on me or vice versa lol. Hate those dang things.

Reactions: webby
advertisement

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who cares. They all dead if they run up on me or vice versa lol. Hate those dang things.
Ya, can't say I've ever looked at one long enough to figure out if it needed killing or not. Bang. Boom. Bang.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ya, can't say I've ever looked at one long enough to figure out if it needed killing or not. Bang. Boom. Bang.

I don't kill anything that is long and thin. Those are usually good snakes. As a matter of fact, I have been known to catch them and move them where I know I have a rodent problem. Put one under my house when I lived in Clarksville and I never saw sign of another mouse until we moved.

Short and fat, however, get the shovel treatment.

Killed a cotton mouth that came up from the lake and got in the kennel with the dogs a couple of weekends ago. He moved about the time I brought the shovel down so I missed his head and caught him about halfway back. Interesting having a very angry venomous snake pinned to the ground but still alive and striking and two very, very dumb labs trying to "help". Much yelling ensued.:eek: Eventually they understood "If you get me bit by this snake, I will kill you instead of the snake" but it was probably the "OUT, OUT, OOOUUUTTT NOW!";)

Had another small one that literally came after me while I was trimming down around the lake in my avatar picture. Killed him with the trust Husqy and a quick boot heel.;)

Seems to be more than usual and quite a bit more aggressive than usual this year.

Reactions: 500
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife and I were almost home from our bike ride yesterday and ran across this bad boy coming down Sewanee mtn. Biggest timber I've ever seen. It jarred the truck when we ran over it. Perfect aim too. Nailed it right on the head. I was so proud. Wife was just glad we weren't on bike (we trailered it to tellico Plains).
IMG 20160801 192912701 800x450

Reactions: sharp
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure hate to see the non-poisonous snakes get killed. I even let some poisonous ones go or relocate them if possible, but if I don't have time and they are a threat to my kids or animals they will typically get the shovel treatment (or whatever I have on hand).

Waylan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!