P700m4 Snow Plow Mounts

• Thread starter William Queener
  • Start date
William Queener

William Queener

Apr 27, 2015
LaFollette, TN
Can anyone show me some decent pictures of their snow plow mounts on a 700-4?
I need a mount that goes on the front and not underneath, because I have a full aluminum skid...and I don't want to give up any clearance.
I have been looking at the Denali and Moose systems. The Moose seems like it would be okay, but doesn't appear to be as sturdy as others, and they aren't sure about the compatibility with a KFI winch mount.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a cycle country front mount. Its what you are thinking. Had to trim it a bit with Sawzall to clear the winch. But it's very strong and not in the way whatsoever.

William Queener

William Queener

Apr 27, 2015
LaFollette, TN
I use a cycle country front mount. Its what you are thinking. Had to trim it a bit with Sawzall to clear the winch. But it's very strong and not in the way whatsoever.
What winch mount are you using? Do you have a picture of your mount on your machine?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a picture, but it's the kfi mount. I've since switched to an emp front bumper with the top mount for the winch. Unfortunately I bent up the winch mount plowing. Just pulling the plow up and down. And I don't think I'm extremely hard on it.

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
2015 10 30 120802
20141215 143643 resized

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
I built my own plow and winch mount. Its way over built but the material was the right price lol they are both made out of 3/8 by 8" plate. The winch mount I bent slightly at the ends to match under the 2 -1.5" square tubes that are on an angle for the upper bumper mounts. As for the plow mount it cut 2 inch long strips of of the 8 inch plate and drilled a hole to use the bottom bumper mount bolt that goes in from the sides and cut a plate that would skin across the bumper skid plate across to the other side. And welded the 3 plates together to make a C Chanel. Then just drill 2 more holes on the side up to the top and bolted with some 5/16 bolts. I had already cut out some tabs with .5 holes in them that were angles with a radius to use for attaching the plow to the mount. Welded them on as low as I could with out messing up ground clearance and used some .5 pins to pin it in place. I will post some pictures tonight...

FYI the push tubes are "new" about 10 year old cycle country plow tubes I came across when I was working at a dealership and they mounted right up to my Polaris plow thats off of my 01 Polaris magnum 4 wheeler.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got done revamping my own snow plow. I found a near new 50" Moose country plow for $30 that I added 2 feet too to make it 74". I found a push tube off a Polaris Glacier Gen III system that had a couple of the tabs broke off, for $5 at a local auction company. So I figured for a total of $35 and a few piece of 1/8" plate I could splurge for the Honda (Warn) plow mount. I found it for $135 on Ebay for the Honda version. The Warn is a little more money but pretty much the same setup. It hooks into the lower bolts for the front grill and into 4 holes between the front grill and the lower steel skid plate. I can send pics if needed, but if you look up the instructions for the Honda mount you will probably find better pics. It works great with the KFI winch mount with no modifications needed. I did alot of looking and the Honda or KFI mounts are 2 of the models that would suite you best with the skid plate. They are also some of the cheapest. Good Luck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!