P1000m5 SOLD!!! And shipped to Canada :) Rear ROPS roll bars FOR SALE from 2016 Pk5

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, I have a set of the rear ROPS roll bars for the Honda Pioneer 1000-5, they came off of a 2016. They will fit up to 2019, at least. They may (probably will) fit 2020 or beyond, I am not certain yet. I have all of the hardware to put them together, you would need the hardware to mount them (easily sourced). They are used, and a little dinged cosmetically, but they are straight and solid. I have a PK3, and they do NOT fit because the bed is wider on the -3 than on the -5 models. I am just south of Atlanta, GA. Selling for what I paid for them, $1200. I will post pics if I can figure that out this weekend. Shipping would be extra, they are large and would need a large pallet, and a truck with a lift gate for delivery unless you know someone with a commercial dock who can receive your shipment. I would prefer to sell face to face as that would avoid the shipping issue. I can take cash or PayPal or WU. Thanks!

EDIT: pics added. The ROPS are disassembled into the right and left bars, and the rear crossbar. I will try to add a pic of them on a large pallet, If I can find one, for demo purposes. Cheers.

ROPS 1 ROPS 2 ROPS 3

Last edited:
D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I have a set of the rear ROPS roll bars for the Honda Pioneer 1000-5, they came off of a 2016. They will fit up to 2019, at least. They may (probably will) fit 2020 or beyond, I am not certain yet. I have all of the hardware to put them together, you would need the hardware to mount them (easily sourced). They are used, and a little dinged cosmetically, but they are straight and solid. I have a PK3, and they do NOT fit because the bed is wider on the -3 than on the -5 models. I am just south of Atlanta, GA. Selling for what I paid for them, $1200. I will post pics if I can figure that out this weekend. Shipping would be extra, they are large and would need a large pallet, and a truck with a lift gate for delivery unless you know someone with a commercial dock who can receive your shipment. I would prefer to sell face to face as that would avoid the shipping issue. I can take cash or PayPal or WU. Thanks!

EDIT: pics added. The ROPS are disassembled into the right and left bars, and the rear crossbar. I will try to add a pic of them on a large pallet, If I can find one, for demo purposes. Cheers.

View attachment 314760 View attachment 314761 View attachment 314762
Hi, I am interested. I replied to your post to me.

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi, I am interested. I replied to your post to me.
I replied to your PM. I will research a shipping quote for you to Winnipeg, Canada. May take till Monday or Tuesday as its the weekend. You are first in line, Brother ;) AS it happens I also have an Insane Heater for the Pioneer 1k, fit any year. New in box, I ended up not needing it. If you want it also, I am willing to make a great deal for both! If not, no worries. Thanks!!

Reactions: Smitty335
D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I replied to your PM. I will research a shipping quote for you to Winnipeg, Canada. May take till Monday or Tuesday as its the weekend. You are first in line, Brother ;) AS it happens I also have an Insane Heater for the Pioneer 1k, fit any year. New in box, I ended up not needing it. If you want it also, I am willing to make a great deal for both! If not, no worries. Thanks!!
Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait to see what you find out about shipping. Early next week is fine. I might be interested in the heater. It's cold up here and we went last week with the kids on the frozen lake at -30C with even a colder windchill! But I have no roof or side windows, so not sure if heater would help that much.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tell us the details of shipping a cage to Canada, if you don't mind. Curious minds want to know...

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
SOLD!! Successfully shipped to Canada. For those who were interested, thank you for your patience. Have a great day!!
I cant believe you got $1200 for a rear cage. I just sold a rear cage for $650 that had zero trail time on it. Man I got screwed on that deal lol. I got another one for $1200 if anybody wants it.

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tell us the details of shipping a cage to Canada, if you don't mind. Curious minds want to know...
I lucked into this web site, after several searches.
And it was very easy to get a quote in just a minute, several actually by the big freight companies including FedEx, Old Dominion etc. And the guy I sold the bars to found a "Mike's Parcel" receiving company just on the US side of the border an hour from himself. I shipped it there, to Pembina ND. Easy peasy. I would suggest to anyone interested in shipping a larger parcel that would normally be a freight item to use Freightquote.com. And if you need to ship to Canada and the receiver happens to live close enough to the border, there are several parcel receiving companies all along the various border towns, just for such as this. You avoid the commercial border crossing fees on the shipment, cheaper and less hassle for everyone concerned. Also, I did break the cage down to 3 separate pieces, and it went on a 60"x40" pallet. About 30" tall total, @75lbs. Category 400 freight, no hazmat etc. CHEAP, actually. The large freight companies have established routes everywhere, like the mail does, so its just a matted of hopping one truck to the next hub etc until it gets to the closest hub, and then goes on the local delivery truck. It's a shame that it seems so hard and difficult to find what you need from a simple and direct internet search. I searched for three days, with different words, and finally just happened to hit the jackpot. Pallet shipped for less than $250 from south of Atlanta, GA to Pembina, ND. That's a great deal, I think. It was "oversize" from 40x48, but it is light and not very tall so it just rides on top of other stuff. Also, if you need to strap something down use big heavy duty zip ties. Or you can get a cheap set of ratchet straps from walmart etc.

I hope this may help someone in the future, if they are considering buying or shipping something across the country, we private citizens can make it happen.

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Y'all can try Fastenal for shipping. A few people on here say they will ship larger items for people
I finally got the bars shipped, used Freightquote.com. EASY!! CHEAP!! Went by Old Dominion Freight Line, as they had a killer deal. Quotes were from less than $250 to almost $500. If you ever need to ship a pallet, try that website. Thanks for the tip about Fastenall, I was about to check them also when I stumbled on to Freightquote.

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got the bars shipped, used Freightquote.com. EASY!! CHEAP!! Went by Old Dominion Freight Line, as they had a killer deal. Quotes were from less than $250 to almost $500. If you ever need to ship a pallet, try that website. Thanks for the tip about Fastenall, I was about to check them also when I stumbled on to Freightquote.
Nice. Glad it worked out

Reactions: ClayWelder
D

deej54

Jun 5, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just want to add to Clay's post. I'm glad I joined this Hondasxs group. Bought a used 1000-5 last summer after a quick look at it as anything recreational was selling very quickly because of covid. My wife and I are newbies in the whole atv world. Didn't really clue into the importance of the roll rear roll bar. But the back seats will be used by my grandkids and with no roll bar there are no seat belts either. Bought some lap belts as a temporary fix. Could not find a used roll bar in Canada. Dealerships wanted over $3000.00 Canadian. So Clay's $1200 US looked pretty good.
I just want to commend and thank Clay. He went beyond the call of duty to try and make this work for me. Just kept looking into shipping options and figuring it out how to package it. It wasn't looking good until I found this pick up site in a small town a few minutes from the border. Clay got a great shipping quote to the pickup site and the deal was done. I'm tracking the shipment and it is about halfway. Should arrive on Monday. Now the truckers freedom convoy just needs to relax a bit a the border and I have to figure out all the covid rules between the two countries and I will head down and pick it up. Thanks to Clay again for the hours of work and persistence that he put into this. In these days of world turmoil and lots of nasty exchanges on the internet and social media it is so great that two strangers from different countries can trust each other enough to keep communicating and make something work.

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just want to add to Clay's post. I'm glad I joined this Hondasxs group. Bought a used 1000-5 last summer after a quick look at it as anything recreational was selling very quickly because of covid. My wife and I are newbies in the whole atv world. Didn't really clue into the importance of the roll rear roll bar. But the back seats will be used by my grandkids and with no roll bar there are no seat belts either. Bought some lap belts as a temporary fix. Could not find a used roll bar in Canada. Dealerships wanted over $3000.00 Canadian. So Clay's $1200 US looked pretty good.
I just want to commend and thank Clay. He went beyond the call of duty to try and make this work for me. Just kept looking into shipping options and figuring it out how to package it. It wasn't looking good until I found this pick up site in a small town a few minutes from the border. Clay got a great shipping quote to the pickup site and the deal was done. I'm tracking the shipment and it is about halfway. Should arrive on Monday. Now the truckers freedom convoy just needs to relax a bit a the border and I have to figure out all the covid rules between the two countries and I will head down and pick it up. Thanks to Clay again for the hours of work and persistence that he put into this. In these days of world turmoil and lots of nasty exchanges on the internet and social media it is so great that two strangers from different countries can trust each other enough to keep communicating and make something work.
WOW!! Thanks DJ for the glowing compliment!! I can’t say enough how easy it was to deal with you. I am relatively new myself, and it has mostly been a great experience being here so far. I am so glad that this deal has worked out for you. I can’t believe how much the dealers want for simple roll bars!!)) That is just nuts!!!

Reactions: TripleB and deej54

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!